• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Beat_The_Man

Beat_The_Man

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 12:48 AM

Just want to report that after awhile of playing around with my network settings, I found that it is easy to get Xbox Live to work on the 360 through a wireless PC bridge. Please Note, I am having an issue still with this connection. Heres what I did though:

1. Connected xbox 360 to laptop with cross over (though cross over cable is not req.)
2. Connected to wireless network in my house
3. Bridged the wireless connection to the nic that is connected to the xbox360. (make sure that both network connection icons say "connected, bridged", and that the bridge icon says connected. If they dont say "connected, bridged" right click on each one and click "add to bridge")
Ok now the new stuff
4. ALL SETTINGS ON my COMPUTER are set TO AUTO (IP, DNS) DONT PLAY WITH THE SETTINGS ON YOUR PC.
5. I viewed the status of my hub (to do this type this in your internet browser http://hubs ip address here/) and wrote down my LAN settings not WAN!!). You need to know the hubs current ip, dns, and subnet. On a linksys hub, to view these settings just click the status tab.
6. I then went to the xbox 360, found the network setup screen, and change the IP to manual. For the ip, i entered my hubs ip, except for the last number, that must be diffrent. For example: my hubs ip is 192.168.1.1, on my xbox360 I set the ip to 192.168.1.6.
7. My subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 so i set it as that on my 360
8. I set my gateway to the same EXACT IP as my hub. So in my example, 192.168.1.1
9. Next i went to dns on the 360, and set it to manual, and entered the dns1 and 2 exactly as they read from my hub.
10. jackpot it works

One small catch, I lose connection to xbox live after 10-15 mins or so. I can reconnect to Xbox live fine, it just always loses connection in game play. Anyone have any idea why? Or a potential Fix I can try? If other try this, let me know if you get the same problem. This may just be my network.

#2 Sharky

Sharky

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 June 2006 - 10:01 PM

An easier method would have been to leave the 360 settings to automatic
set your pc network up so that you can connect to the internet
in control panel on your pc, go to network connections and select the connection thats connected to the internet. Right click on it and select properties. on the tabs at the top of the screen go to advanced and click it . you should now put a tick in the 2 boxes about half way down the screen that say allow other users to connect through this computers internet connection and allow other users to control or disable the shared network connection.

#3 Gundam2025

Gundam2025

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:57 AM

hey i have a question. i have a linksys wireless usb wusb54g on my pc, i connected an Ethernet cable to the xbox 360 and one to the Ethernet network port on my computer. now i set the nic of the network adapter so that it shares the connection, then ran the network program on the 360 it detects everything up until MTU now the thing is that i tried connecting it directly to the router and the same problem occured, i dont know how to change the MTU on my computer and i dont think i can make a bridge because i dont have two ethernet ports on my computer or a router in my room
what should i do

#4 martnic

martnic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:27 AM

I had a similar problem trying to get my sons PS2 online using ICS.
After a bit of searching I came accross a program called TCPoptimizer.

It will allow you to adjust your MTU aswell as set up your network cards for optimal usage.

#5 Orange Box

Orange Box

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:06 PM

they sell a tut for something like this on ebay. Some one should buy it and post it here.

Ebay Link

#6 Dark Drake

Dark Drake

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 October 2007 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE(Orange Box @ Oct 16 2007, 06:42 PM) View Post

they sell a tut for something like this on ebay. Some one should buy it and post it here.

Ebay Link

are you stupid?

its not that hard really. ok ill explain.

on your laptop you should have 2 network connections: 1 lan and 1 wireless connection (you may have more but these are the important 2)

now all you have to do is go to network connections (control panel>network connections)
right click on your wireless connection and go to properties
at the top of the properties window youll see some tabs... click the advanced tab
now there will be an option called internet connection sharing
click the box to allow other users to share this connection etc.
it apply/ok and exit.

return to your network connections.
now on the lan(internal nic) connection, right click and go to properties
in the first window pops up youll see a box in the middle at the top that says "this connection uses the following items"
find internet protocal (tcp/ip) click on its name(not the check box) and hit properties button.
an new window will pop up and it will probably set to automatic everything... click use the following ip address
in the first line enter: 192.168.0.1
in second line enter: 255.255.255.0

hit ok/apply then hit ok/apply and return to network connections. fire up xbox live with xbox plugged into laptop ethernet connection. and your good to go.

ive been using this for about a week with no problems... only thing is my nat is set to strict which isnt because of the laptop connection but because of my routers... and ive never been disconnected when playing halo 3 online.... even after many many many hours.

#7 nelson480

nelson480

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:28 AM

i did this and i always get disconnected from games, sortof a half fix

#8 DINOSPD

DINOSPD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:54 PM

If you increase the max# of connections in your router, your live should work just fine.

#9 scotty--r

scotty--r

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:11 PM

Hi,
Iv Read so many forums about trying to connect to xbox through ur pc and seems the easiest way is to bridge the wireless connection, well i have tried to do this, follwed all instructions but when i highlight my LAN and my wirless connection and click bridge connections i get a error message saying "To create a Network Bridge you must select atleast two LAN or High-Speed internet connections that are not beign used by Internet Connection Sharing" iv tried numerous ways to get rid of this message but i just dont know why its coming up iv made sure both icons are highlighted etc etc and im on vista any1 know a reason or solution or a easier way loll thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users