X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:Everything
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 May 2006 - 02:53 AM

I like this game, I LOVE the graphics as well as the style in which they are done.
(and took me about 30 minutes last night to D/L at about 1pm Eastern time)

I might pick this one up, I'd never played a Hitman game before and I am quite pleased.

#32 GLiTcH

GLiTcH

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 04:47 AM

wow.. it sucks...

#33 amb7247

amb7247

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:00 AM

To bad, if you played previous hitmen you may like the game. It's pretty good. Sneak, snipe, choke guys etc. Classic hitmen just new missions different scenarios new baddies to kill. I think the graphics are well done and reflect what I've seen on the PC. I may end up getting this one.

If you think it sucks then you have very high standards, or you just complain about every game that is not "made" for your tastes. And without constructive criticism as well. Well done. pop.gif

QUOTE(squarejawhero @ May 25 2006, 01:02 PM) View Post

Got it working. Slow download, but it was worth it! The character models are last-gen, but saved by a nice quirky design typical of Eidos, the scenery is detailed and interesting, the gameplay... well, you're led by the hand in this, but its fun and full of different turns. Music is great, although the fake rap is kinda pathetic. Stereotypes about as usual too, Hitman is famous for them.

What does blow me away is how this ran on my PC, which I keep quite clean for playing games. Nothing here taking up space. With all the next gen effects, minus aa at 1024x768, this game has framerate issues. It's an average spec, getting on a bit... Athlon 3000XP, 1.5GB PC2700, Geforce 6600GT, A7v8x... the mobo is fast enough for the components, it's not a truly slow PC and ran BF2 and SC:CT with no hiccups. But Hitman showed the difference between it and the 360. Even with all the ram it ran slow. Makes me happy I got a 360 as upgrading this baby would take more that just a new g-card...

You ain't kidding about the fake rap. I was thinking it was the kind you heard from the 80s that was pretty bad. Quite funny.

I do like however how the newspaper reflects on what you did in teh mission. I was called a highly trained marksman. Only firing 17 shots. The story about the lemonade stand getting demolished was hilarious.

Edited by amb7247, 26 May 2006 - 06:57 AM.

#34 jimjom

jimjom

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Interests:4 8 15 16 23 42
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:15 AM

destroyed the demo flat. took no time at all. if this is 39.99, I would definatley buy this.

#35 mathias

mathias

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:26 PM

its good to hear different opinions on this game... a lot better than people just saying IT SUCKS and not backing it up... thank you

#36 nightwulf28

nightwulf28

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Interests:ummmmm Video Games?
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:36 PM

It sucks really bad. reasons I give and my opinion of course.

#1. Prior gen graphics. Weak character models, nothing flashy in backgrounds and even slowdown at times.
#2. Horrible controls. Really feels floaty and not precise as I would prefer.
#3. Terrible animations. I mean he walks like he has a stick up his you know what.
#4. Voice acting is also weak.

Add this up and what do you get? Another watered down past gen port. Nothing More. I will spend my $$ else where thank you. sleeping.gif

#37 leeko98

leeko98

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:58 PM

yeah, this really isn't a pick up, play, and enjoy type of game. it'll take some imagination to really enjoy this game, which i don't mind at all. if you like the previous hitman releases, you'll definately like this one. i played through it about 6 times to find better options in taking people out, etc. can't wait to find out the other scenarios in the retail version.

#38 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:54 PM

And oh, yeah, I forgot the BEST part of the game:
Dialogue
I LOVE when a game has some good, lifelike chatter, don't you? I think it adds a HUGE degree of realism and it makes you stop, listen to what is being said and at the same time look around environments instead of just blow by them.

QUOTE(nightwulf28 @ May 26 2006, 02:43 PM) View Post

It sucks really bad. reasons I give and my opinion of course.

#1. Prior gen graphics. Weak character models, nothing flashy in backgrounds and even slowdown at times.
#2. Horrible controls. Really feels floaty and not precise as I would prefer.
#3. Terrible animations. I mean he walks like he has a stick up his you know what.
#4. Voice acting is also weak.

Add this up and what do you get? Another watered down past gen port. Nothing More. I will spend my $$ else where thank you. sleeping.gif

I agree on the controls... they are not too smooth.
I would argue the graphics aren't the BEST, but NOT something the Xbox would really be able to easily do, if do at ALL.
I think the animations, though not mindblowing, are good, especially when you shoot people, there are some nice ragdolls. I shot a guy and he was draped across a chair, then slowly slid down it.
I TOTALLY disagree with voice acting... I think it's AWESOME. Very good. The mobster threatening the lawyer... GREAT. The guy begging for his life and for Scoop to pay him, AWESOME, VERY convincing... I actually felt bad killing the guy.

#39 fastTOE

fastTOE

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 12:54 AM

the graphics really didn't impress me much at all,.... but it was fun, (like others side, IF you like hitman styles games).... i agree the newspaper was a nice touch..... even though they said i was an amateur bc i fired like 200+ shots or something (i had to kill everybody! -the second time through at least-) so, definately if you like hitman then at least download this.... at 40bucks not a bad deal,.... i'll have to debate between this and ping pong, where's that demo?

#40 decapkris

decapkris

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 02:28 AM

TBH I wasn't that impressed. I also thought the graphics weren't next gen,you can see the the polygon corners on his bald head and the controls did hinder the gameplay a bit. Ill prob pick it up in a year or two when the price has dropped as it was quite fun and the level design was good and added to the atmosphere.

#41 alsybub

alsybub

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • Location:South Coast, UK PlayStation3 Version: v1.0 Nintendo Wii Version: v1.0

Posted 29 May 2006 - 03:20 AM

I have decided to definitely not waste my money on this I have also decided not to buy Moto GP '06 (simply because I feel there isn't enough to hold my attention - the game is great). Instead I'm using the money I would have spent to get a DS LIte

Much more worth while I think. biggrin.gif

#42 Corrosive Substance

Corrosive Substance

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 03:22 AM

I love the Hitman series and I wasn't dissapointed. If you don't like Hitman games then don't download this one. I think this is by far better than Lost Planet and Moto GP.

Edited by Corrosive Substance, 29 May 2006 - 03:22 AM.

#43 alsybub

alsybub

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • Location:South Coast, UK PlayStation3 Version: v1.0 Nintendo Wii Version: v1.0

Posted 29 May 2006 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE(Corrosive Substance @ May 29 2006, 01:29 AM) View Post

I love the Hitman series and I wasn't dissapointed. If you don't like Hitman games then don't download this one. I think this is by far better than Lost Planet and Moto GP.

It's no offence to the game, Just that it doesn't exactly do much more than a previous gen game. I'd rather pay a cheaper price and have it on PC or - dare I say it - PS2

#44 Corrosive Substance

Corrosive Substance

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE(alsybub @ May 29 2006, 03:36 AM) View Post

It's no offence to the game, Just that it doesn't exactly do much more than a previous gen game. I'd rather pay a cheaper price and have it on PC or - dare I say it - PS2

I would buy it for PS2 but that crap broke on me and I will not buy it again. Also, I only use my Xbox 360. I know some of you may think I am a lunatic but I love Hitman Games.

#45 alsybub

alsybub

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 03:56 AM

I hear you.

Although PS2 is worth owning for ICO, Shadow of the Collossus, The Katamari Damacy Series and REZ with 60fps.

Can't think of any other games on it that I really love right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users