Xbox-Scene

Memba Numero Uno

• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:55 PM

dvd2xbox v0.7.6 -- Posted by XanTium on May 25 11:55 EST
WiSo released a new version of dvd2xbox(info).
What's new/fixed:
* added: remotecontrol.xml to "control" dvd2xbox from another app: more info. A stripped down skin and a python script to call dvd2xbox from XBMC can be found in the dvd2xbox forum: here
* added: support for DHCP (implemented XBMC network layer)
* added: network mode setting. "dash" to obtain settings from dash, "DHCP" to get it from a DHCP server and "static" to use the settings in dvd2xbox.xml
* added: support for usb keyboards. Use it to control dvd2xbox and to write with the virtual keyboard (english layout only)
* changed: the virtual keyboard is only showing the last directory in string now
* changed: pressing B in the virtual keyboard simulates backspace
* changed: the unlocker is disabled per default now since it seems to be the cause of crashes on some boxes
* fixed: two functions former available via the main menu: BLACK to show infos about the inserted XBOX game, BACK to start auto detection of the DVD manually
* skinning: added the attribute "direction" to the text item. The value "vertical" specifies vertical text
* skinning: added new item "shortcut" which let you switch to different contexts without using the main menu

Official Site: http://dvd2xbox.xbox-scene.com
Download Binaries n/a (built with XDK) | Download Sourcecode: here

#2 BennyBou

BennyBou

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:23 PM

It's always nice to see updates on Xbox apps that aren't emulators! Keep up the good work man, it's a really useful tool you have there!!!

#3 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:24 PM

* added: remotecontrol.xml to "control" dvd2xbox from another app: http://wiki.ws0.org/...a=remotecontrol. A stripped down skin and a python script to call dvd2xbox from XBMC can be found in the dvd2xbox forum: http://forum.ws0.org/index.php?c=4

Wow, very nice!

I would love to have dvd2xbox integrated into XBMC, I'll have to try this new feature out. Great job wis0!

#4 RvN

RvN

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 25 May 2006 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE(Textbook @ May 25 2006, 10:31 AM) View Post

Wow, very nice!

I would love to have dvd2xbox integrated into XBMC, I'll have to try this new feature out. Great job wis0!

yea, that would be awesome if they did.

#5 jagogo

jagogo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 25 May 2006 - 09:05 PM

ok i insatlles the new version and also the script. When i run the script it askes where to save the game and only gives me the E and F drives. How do i make it show the G drive as well. By the way great job on the update.

#6 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 May 2006 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE(jagogo @ May 26 2006, 06:12 AM) View Post

ok i insatlles the new version and also the script. When i run the script it askes where to save the game and only gives me the E and F drives. How do i make it show the G drive as well. By the way great job on the update.

You need to open up the script in a text editor and modify these bits
## CHANGE THIS VARIBLE RIGHT HERE TO MATCH YOURS
runself = "e:\\apps\\XBMC-17-5-2006\\default.xbe" # should point to XBMC a dash - will soft reboot
dvd2xbox_dir = "e:\\apps\\dvd2xbox075\\" # in-clude a \\ at the end

# for now just have these as varibles
skin = "-" # A Dash means use default skin

gamemodelist = ["iso","normal"]
destlist = ["E:\\games\\","F:\\games\\","F:\\Video\\","E:\\Music\\","F:\\Music\\"]

I would also like to point out that the python script is just a test example to see how it would work and very crude when it comes to a UI and I expect other people will/should make a really nice snazy one instead smile.gif

At least I hope so biggrin.gif

#7 phlsphr420

phlsphr420

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:Chess, Halo, Go, electronics

Posted 26 May 2006 - 03:48 AM

wanted to report problem i'm having with this. when i launch the app and open the dvd drive it freaks out, opening and closing franticly. not sure what that's all about, but thought you guys should know.

#8 WiSo

WiSo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:13 AM

This are some side effects of the "easy handling" :-) In remote control mode it just jumps through the code where in normal mode some input was required.
Per request this mode requires to have a DVD already inserted otherwise it will reboot. Not sure how you come to the point where it shows this behaviour. I saw the same when I don't have a DVD inserted and the reboot was disabled.
I'll check this later.

#9 citrix1985

citrix1985

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 08:49 AM

Hey Guys where can I find the already compiled version ?

#10 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 May 2006 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE(citrix1985 @ May 27 2006, 02:56 AM) View Post

Hey Guys where can I find the already compiled version ?

click on the FAQ button right above your post.

#11 creg turner

creg turner

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:I sell Modded Xbox's, do MOD installs, repairs, and Paintjobs. And I love the ladies.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 28 May 2006 - 04:07 PM

Wow!! That's pretty sweet.

#12 Koiu Lpoi

Koiu Lpoi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 04:54 PM

I've got a question. I'm kind of a newbie to dvd2xbox. This is the first version I've used.

What I'm trying to do is copy an xbox game over smb to a share on my windows pc. I've got it set up just fine - I made a new account for the xbox, set it as an administrator, and then modified the dvd2xbox.xml file to connect to "smb://xbox:xbox@192.168.0.1/xbox/", which is an empty shared folder in the root of my C with full r/w privs. I go into dvd2xbox, choose to copy to a samba share. I choose to begin copying. The copying window appears for perhaps 100ms, not even long enough to read anything, and then goes to the "finished" screen, saying 0 copies attempted, 0 failed, etc. I'd try to figure this out myself, but it fails silently - no error message.

Anyone have any ideas?

#13 WiSo

WiSo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 07:53 AM

The error reporting is still bad (or even non existing). However this behaviour means that dvd2xbox can't write to this share. You could go to the file manager and try to connect to this share if the box can read it (put some files in it first).
Make sure that not only the share can be accessed r/w by the xbox user check also the second tab in WinXP Professional where you can give certain rights per user independent from the share.

#14 conners

conners

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 10:30 AM

Will the MC360 skin be released soon for dvd2xbox?

#15 WiSo

WiSo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:50 AM

Yes. Since Jezz_X is heavily working on the XBMC skin the dvd2xbox skin will be a little bit later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users