FearX351

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 May 2006 - 06:50 PM

Ok I recently Aquired a Xbox from somebody ,and as soon as I saw the solid flashing lights I was like no biggy.. So I throw a chip on there and boot to the normal Cromwell Linux Eeprom Flasher I use in situations like this ... well anyways to the point.. It will show video when booting to the normal bios but when It comes down to booting the linux bios I get no picture.. but if I wait a few minutes I can still hear the weird sounds they always have with those bios's .. and then it will start a scan line looking screen like kind of like if you set an xbox to PAL on a TV that doesnt support it .. well anyways with in the Scan Lines I see it says Eeprom Flashed -Status- Failed. Ive never had a eeprom not flash for me... could it be that the chip its self is just bad? its seems as if it just wont write over the old eeprom.. I think the idiot that had it before me tried to flash it with a eeprom of the wrong version or format... Can Anybody help on how I could possible get this thing to flash?

Thanks alot Guys

#2 Beta2K

Beta2K

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 25 May 2006 - 07:31 PM

V1.6 xbox and a BIOS that doesn't support it? Atleast that the only time I've had the sync problem, aside from knocking 4 components off the board while trying to remove a pin from teh LPC header.... Which I was able to fix thank God.

#3 bumr055

bumr055

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:guitar, kool lookin mods
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 25 May 2006 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE(Beta2K @ May 25 2006, 02:38 PM) View Post

V1.6 xbox and a BIOS that doesn't support it? Atleast that the only time I've had the sync problem, aside from knocking 4 components off the board while trying to remove a pin from teh LPC header.... Which I was able to fix thank God.

4!!! lol how'd you manage that lol? all in one swipe or 4 seprate slips? lol laugh.gif

#4 FearX351

FearX351

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 07:57 PM

nope it is a v1.0 and could you show me which 4 components you knocked off ? This board was sent to me and there was solder on the LPC and it looked like a Damn Shitty job so he could have just did that ...

Edited by FearX351, 25 May 2006 - 07:59 PM.

#5 FearX351

FearX351

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 08:46 PM

Sorry for double Post but I have read that people have flashed 1.0's with eeproms of 1.1's -1.5's I have a spare Eeprom chip from a 1.5 sitting here if the chip in the here mentioned 1.0 is bad would it work If i were to swap the eeprom chips? would it work ? would it be compatible?

#6 FearX351

FearX351

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 11:52 PM

Anybody?

#7 FearX351

FearX351

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 06:08 PM

I fixed it .. .It turned out that apparently they guy before me tried to swap eeprom chips and couldnt solder worth a shit ... I hate it when people try and do stuff with full confidence and only accomplish messing shit up.. anyways I had to bend the legs of the eeprom back in place and solder them to the pads and what do you know as soon as I turn it on it boots right to the msdash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users