Jump to content


Us 360 To Work On Uk 220-240v Without Converter?

  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 samawa


    X-S Enthusiast

  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 12:52 AM

ok i know the title is confusing, i also know that some of you might find this question a tad stupid. but heres the deal: i live in the middle east, we use the same power voltage as the uk (220-240v) i got a 360 from the states when i was studying there so in order for me to make it work here i had to buy this huge, noisy, converter (it converts from 110v to 220v) .. i was wondering if i could get around this problem all together .. i naturally assumed that since the power unit for the xbox is actually outside it, then maybe if i bought a uk power unit it would work without the converter? .. can anyone please confirm or deny my assumption .. thanks in advance.

#2 patrick2269


    X-S Senior Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 May 2006 - 01:13 AM

You Should be able to use a UK PSU (just be sure the Hz are the same 50Hz or 60Hz), Or you can use a ATX PSU from a computer.


#3 samawa


    X-S Enthusiast

  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:34 PM

thanks patrick smile.gif .. any idea on how i can tell which Hz frequency my machine is running? also any idea on where i can get a uk psu?

#4 Potato_salad


    X-S Senior Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Location:Dublin ,Ireland
  • Interests:Shiny objects.
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:29 PM

The label on the back of the PSU has the frequency written somwhere. It says 47-62 GHZ......my ones do anyways. And I'm pretty sure you could get one from ebay or try and mooche one of UK xbox customer support.

EDIT: I think you could find somebody wanting to get rid of heirs in the BTS section.


Edited by Potato_salad, 26 May 2006 - 09:36 PM.

#5 fahrenheit


    X-S Freak

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 12:47 AM

I'm in a similar situation and want a US 360 but need a 220volt power supply.

You will have trouble finding one for sale and you will also have difficulty getting one directly from MS.
If you don't mind taking a bit of a hit financially, then you might consider getting yourself an ASIAN (not Jap)Core or or premium 360 which comes with a 220v power supply.

Rebundle the ASIAN 360 with the US power supply and advertise it on ebay as a cheap console that someone in the US might consider buying inorder to buy cheap import games. It will be an attractive purchase to someone and you aren't likely to lose alot on it.

#6 vake


    X-S Enthusiast

  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 01:38 AM

hi, anybody is interested in exchanging your 110V with my 220V power supply?
I will get my korean version xbox 360 on July 12th. I live in Chicago.
I don't really want to buy a bulky transformer.
Mine is brand spanking new!!


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users