• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 StigmataDiaboli

StigmataDiaboli

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Cars (Ferrari's and Mustang's), bikes, guns, and learning.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 May 2006 - 02:00 AM

Well I bought my 360 (premium) yesterday and I also purchased PGR3. Now when I hooked it all up and got everything ready to go it worked great but after playing a few laps in PGR3 everything went to hell. Out of nowhere all kinds of textures started flying all over the screen making it completely impossible to play and it will not go away until I restart the game and after a few laps it comes right back. I have my A/V cables on standard tv, normal screen. All my settings are correct I believe. Earlier today I saw the froums we're down and was checking around Neowin.net and I saw i'm not the only one with these issues.

Here is a link to their thread:
here

Can anyone tell me how I can fix this or what could be causing it, this is the only game I have and would love to get to play it, thanks.

#2 Kernal69er

Kernal69er

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 May 2006 - 03:05 AM

Seems weird, i owned PG3 for 2 days (before trading it) so i'm probably not the best to answer, but what the hell I'm bored

First, if you have another game i would try that for a few hours or better yet download some demos and play them, especially PGR3 demo.. Just to see if it's your xbox 360 or if "like someone mentioned in your thread link" your 360 over heating. Try the demos and PGR3 demo, if all is fine, i would take the game back to the store, if it hapens after that, then exchange the 360

good luck

pop.gif

Edited by Kernal69er, 26 May 2006 - 03:06 AM.

#3 TUUK

TUUK

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:28 PM

A few people have experienced this issue in PGR3, including me. Textures are weird and polygons are drawn at random on the screen making the game impossible to play. I've had it on two seperate consoles and two copies of the game, one preowned and one new. I think it relates to a disc read issue. There is a noticable change in noise from the disc drive just a second before it starts for me.
My solution? Reboot the machine and start playing again. It solves it for me. It happens now and then, but when it does I just give the machine a break and go back to it later. So the console is not broken, it's just something PGR3 does sometimes. Annoying, but there's no way to prevent it that I'm aware of.

It's annoying and odd, but something a reboot should fix.
Hope this helps
TUUK

#4 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:43 PM

never happened to me, ive played maybe 6 or so hours since i rented it... twistedsymphony would be the best to ask, since he has a lot of time on that game.

#5 Tripme

Tripme

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:52 PM

Never seen anything that bad happen.....except for the rear hood of my F50 fell off once and i used my friends car as a ramp to fly higher than the new york bridge. I would say also is just try another game or try the demo.

#6 cyberg4

cyberg4

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:15 PM

I started to happen to me too a few days ago. It was working fine untill one day it suddenly started doing that, I have no clue as to what is happening but I would like to know if there are any solutions to this other than turning off your xbox then turning it back on. Oh yeah my other games (COD2, PD0, and Oblivion) all are working perfectly, so I don't think it is hardware related.

#7 esc1

esc1

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 04:23 AM

Never happened to me knock on wood.

#8 StigmataDiaboli

StigmataDiaboli

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Cars (Ferrari's and Mustang's), bikes, guns, and learning.

Posted 29 May 2006 - 07:21 PM

I finally got pissed and took my 360 back to Best Buy and exchanged it and ever since it hasn't done it, and i've been playing the shit out of it ever since. My PGR copy is preowned too. Just thought i'd add that.

#9 TUUK

TUUK

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 11:57 PM

Don't be fooled by that bugger of a game. It's a great game but when I exchanged my copy of PGR I thought I'd solved it too. It came back. I exchanged consoles because of it, just like you, I thought I'd kissed the problem goodbye, but it came back.

Maybe you've been one of the lucky ones. If not, be sure to post back when it starts again and try not to break anything out of frustration. You could eat the disc though, that'd be okay. smile.gif

TUUK

#10 chuckthefuk

chuckthefuk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:Ripping off M$ since 1988

Posted 30 May 2006 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE(TUUK @ May 29 2006, 07:04 PM) View Post

Don't be fooled by that bugger of a game. It's a great game but when I exchanged my copy of PGR I thought I'd solved it too. It came back. I exchanged consoles because of it, just like you, I thought I'd kissed the problem goodbye, but it came back.

Maybe you've been one of the lucky ones. If not, be sure to post back when it starts again and try not to break anything out of frustration. You could eat the disc though, that'd be okay. smile.gif

TUUK

maybe its your save game ... maybe its corrupt..

#11 mrolympia

mrolympia

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 04:29 PM

This thing happened to me, I had to send the 360 back to Microsoft and they replaced the unit. I keeped the hard drive and game and when I got the new one (well refurbished one) back plugged in my hard drive and game and work fine
The microsoft guy said it may have been to Graphics card that was faulty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users