• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 djtwok

djtwok

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 03:43 PM

I have connected my Xbox to the web via 2nd Network Card in my PC (going online with my PC via Broadband - cable Internet).
When connecting the box directly via Crossworked Cable to the Modem I cant get an connection. Only via my PC (PC is connected to cable modem, Xbox is connected to 2nd Network card of pc). Is it possible to go online with my cable modem without the pc and without a router ?

#2 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:19 PM

Xbox Live yes ..

kai and xbc no ..

with kai you can get a Linksys WRT router and use it + your modem with no computer ..

#3 gangrel_1313

gangrel_1313

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 31 May 2006 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE(djtwok @ May 26 2006, 03:50 PM) View Post

I have connected my Xbox to the web via 2nd Network Card in my PC (going online with my PC via Broadband - cable Internet).
When connecting the box directly via Crossworked Cable to the Modem I cant get an connection. Only via my PC (PC is connected to cable modem, Xbox is connected to 2nd Network card of pc). Is it possible to go online with my cable modem without the pc and without a router ?

I asked the guys at "xbconnect" and they said it wasnt possible, I think its all a bunch of bullshit. Xbox Live runs without a PC, why dont someone try to imitate/replicate that?? Im tired of all this "Connect through PC" crap...lol

Something could be made to run off evox or something...

#4 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 01 June 2006 - 12:25 AM

haha , I used to be one of those XBC guys, and it isn't possible, at this time all the tunnels need something other than just the xbox to organize the games and take in the data. As said above the closest you can get is WRT54G with the reflashed firmware, the reason behind XBL working is because it's completely centralized and integrated into each game, you don't have to trick it into thinking it's system linking

#5 gangrel_1313

gangrel_1313

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 11:23 PM

Well, will there ever be an application for xbox (original not 360) that will work like this?

#6 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 02:51 PM

no ..

#7 wassabi

wassabi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 June 2006 - 12:11 AM

Closest solution to what you want?

2 xboxs, one running your game, one running a tunneling program.

Seriously though, look into that wrt54g thing. It really works great with no pc needed.

#8 gangrel_1313

gangrel_1313

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 04:19 PM

what about "xodash" (remember I know nothing about this stuff..lol), is that where the xbox live dash and everything is stored?, couldnt the xbox live stuff be edited to connect to a different server?

#9 gangrel_1313

gangrel_1313

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 09:07 PM

Whats this all about? http://www.xbox-scen...ve-xboxdash.php

Does that gain free access to "Live"?

#10 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 05:28 PM

Ummmm, no that just install xbox live on xbox's that didn't have it (ie 1.0's that were released before XBL came out) notice he mentions how he didn't have the Xbox Live option, and that he hadn't received his beta key yet

#11 BCfosheezy

BCfosheezy

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE(gangrel_1313 @ May 31 2006, 12:55 PM) View Post

I asked the guys at "xbconnect" and they said it wasnt possible, I think its all a bunch of bullshit. Xbox Live runs without a PC, why dont someone try to imitate/replicate that?? Im tired of all this "Connect through PC" crap...lol

Something could be made to run off evox or something...

The problem is, the xbox can do one task at a time. One you launch something from evox, evox is NOT running in the background. THe xbox does a warm reboot and loads whatever you selected as the shell. This means that since the xbox is ONLY running the game you selected, you'd have to have the source code to each game and edit it to run your tunnel. This isn't possible and even if it were, it would eat up resources and would render your game unplayable. Why can't you use a pc to tunnel?

#12 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 02:34 AM

Some people have it because of how the house is organized, not everyone has wireless, not everyone has a laptop, not everyone has a xbox right next to a pc - so it changes the situation. In those though, a wireless desktop/laptop works fine, but some people just have a xbox up randomly say in their room with a tv and internet access but no computer

#13 afruff23

afruff23

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:01 AM

Use Xlink Kai from XBMC and jsut run the kai engine on a PC. YOu can even choose what arena to go to from your xbox.

#14 corkybitch

corkybitch

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 06:39 PM

As from my knowledge there are no way of using xlink/kai without a pc connected. Live you can you with out a pc

#15 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 04:05 AM

corky .. as stated above , you can run kai from a WRT router with XBMC as the UI .. no computer ..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users