• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 piro2go12

piro2go12

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:37 PM

does completeing main quest mess with any guild quests? and anything else importaint?

#2 boxrocker

boxrocker

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 May 2006 - 02:39 AM

Yes. There are some quests that require you to "close more oblivion" gates. If there aren't any open I'm not sure if she will just say ok or if it will get stuck.

#3 piro2go12

piro2go12

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 04:01 AM

but are those quests guild quests

#4 Dalpura

Dalpura

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests, but writing about them isn't one.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 28 May 2006 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE(piro2go12 @ May 28 2006, 01:08 PM) View Post

but are those quests guild quests

They're not guild quests, no. But I would recommend doing a few guild quests before going at the main story line.

#5 mgamer20o0

mgamer20o0

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 May 2006 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE(Dalpura @ May 28 2006, 12:30 AM) View Post

They're not guild quests, no. But I would recommend doing a few guild quests before going at the main story line.

why? i have seen people say how they complet the main quest first then start the guilds. i dont think it matters.

#6 DubbzNYC

DubbzNYC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 05:02 PM

I've heard that it's actually beneficial to do the main quest early. When you reach much higher levels some of the latter parts of the main quest become exceedingly difficult, or so I 've been told, due to the fact that enemies level up with you, but allies do not. I am currently level 16, and I just presented Martin with the first artifact. I have been doing Arena, Fighter's Guild and Dark Brotherhood quests while slowly progressing the main storyline.

#7 Maverick0984

Maverick0984

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE(DubbzNYC @ Jun 27 2006, 11:09 AM) View Post

I've heard that it's actually beneficial to do the main quest early. When you reach much higher levels some of the latter parts of the main quest become exceedingly difficult, or so I 've been told, due to the fact that enemies level up with you, but allies do not. I am currently level 16, and I just presented Martin with the first artifact. I have been doing Arena, Fighter's Guild and Dark Brotherhood quests while slowly progressing the main storyline.

from what i heard, Kvatch was like that, but other than that, there wasn't many problems. however, i'm doing everything all at once. i'm about 35-40 hours in, done a fair amount of dungeon hunting, lots of the Guild quests, and maybe 1/3 of the main quest (basically after Kvatch and Weynon Priory).

either way it shouldn't be THAT hard if you level up right. you could be a level 40 but only worked on your major skills and been pretty weak in the rest. this would make all your attributes mostly +2/+3 when you level up as well. i'll admit i haven't been 100% at getting as many +4/+5's as i could, but i've done pretty well with it.

#8 Dekedence

Dekedence

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 08:15 PM

I'm gunna be leaving the main questline 'til the very last. I'm also gunna leave it 'til I'm a very high level; I'm currently at 30. I'm gunna close every Oblivion Gate manually too.

I don't care if the main questline is gunna be really hard, if its meant to be the main one then I want it as difficult as possible without turning the slider up.

Although I am thinking about making 1 more character and keeping the slider up at the top...the game may be huge but it'll make me work through it all in much more detail.

Edited by Dekedence, 28 June 2006 - 08:16 PM.

#9 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:53 AM

theres a shitload of oblivion gates, they get boring after closing a few of them..

#10 MaTiAz

MaTiAz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Interests:Xbox hardware, hacking, technical stuff

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Jun 29 2006, 12:00 PM) View Post

theres a shitload of oblivion gates, they get boring after closing a few of them..

Yeah, I closed about 15 of them and got really really bored, so I just completed the main story.

#11 Dekedence

Dekedence

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE(MaTiAz @ Jun 29 2006, 12:05 PM) View Post

Yeah, I closed about 15 of them and got really really bored, so I just completed the main story.

Yeah well I don't actually own an Xbox 360 or a copy or Oblivion. I have access to it for about 5 hours a week at my friends house when we're all chilling at his. I admit its gunna take me about 6 months to complete the game.

I just do a little bit of each aspect of the game and it doesn't get boring:
Close 1 Oblivion gate (get a stone I haven't got)
Find a Wayshrine
Find some Nirnroot
Explore a cave or Ayleid Ruin (or both)
Do a daedric quest

All are miscellaneous, not affecting hardly any of the main quests; leaving them for me to move onto once I've raided everything. And what'll be great is that it will be a rock-solid ending.

#12 AClayeJ

AClayeJ

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 29 June 2006 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE(Dekedence @ Jun 29 2006, 07:54 AM) View Post

Yeah well I don't actually own an Xbox 360 or a copy or Oblivion. I have access to it for about 5 hours a week at my friends house when we're all chilling at his. I admit its gunna take me about 6 months to complete the game.

I just do a little bit of each aspect of the game and it doesn't get boring:
Close 1 Oblivion gate (get a stone I haven't got)
Find a Wayshrine
Find some Nirnroot
Explore a cave or Ayleid Ruin (or both)
Do a daedric quest

All are miscellaneous, not affecting hardly any of the main quests; leaving them for me to move onto once I've raided everything. And what'll be great is that it will be a rock-solid ending.

I have a 360 as well as Oblivion. But I had to also play like that too, cause of work and school. Only a few hrs a night and not every night either. I finally beat all the quests. Well all the achievements anyway. I still have some side quests to do. I'm about 160 hrs in with 100% of the achievements! biggrin.gif

#13 Dekedence

Dekedence

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 12:52 PM

Just spent all night at my mates house and we ended up going on Outfit. Pretty good game in all but we completed on Hard in about 5 hours. Not a really tasking game if you ask me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users