• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Steve45

Steve45

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 12:26 AM

The other day my cuz hit the xbox live on NBA Phenom and I tried Evox boot disc that I had used to put Evox on when I modded my xbox. But the xbox won't read any of my discs even the ones that used to work My Dvd-rw cd-rw ect.. I just now reflash my mod chip and still the same read disc errors it will read orginal discs tho.

I have Xbox Verison 1
Matrix Modchip
x2_4983.67_256k.bin BIOS

Is there any way that I can fix with my xbox so that I can put Evox Dash back on the hard drive? Thanks for any help. Also if need more info let me know.

#2 mbay

mbay

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 10:46 AM

Steve45,

if i'm not mistaken, once your dash has been updated, the only way to go back would be to replace also the files that have been modified due to this update. Again, i may be corrected on this, but by flashing the chip, it may not completely solve the issue.

Perhaps you can detail what messages you receive when you attempt to load up the xbox via the chip vs the regular dash. And maybe you have a 2nd bank for your bios, and test it for comparison.

#3 Steve45

Steve45

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 03:58 PM

When I turn on the xbox it just goes to MS Dash and orginal disc work fine. My modchip only has one 256k bank. I had this happen before with Ninja Gaiden and the best I remember is that I just used my cd-rw with evox dash booted with the cd then copied the dash on the hard drive. But I figured that this update was a newer verison of LIVE since its a much newer game. None of my RW disc that worked before work now all i get is this disc is dirty or damage Ive tired different discs with different thing such as movies, music, and the evox dash on the dics but all the same dirty disc error. Today is the first day ive had off work in about a month so maybe I can read up on connected the xbox hard drive to my pc and changing the files that way.

#4 Steve45

Steve45

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 05:19 PM

Getting somewhere now smile.gif I put back in my orginal hard drive and it works so that means 1 the mod chip is flashed and working fine 2 I know that boot disc works. So now all i need is a way to connect the hard drive up to pc so i can change the files and put the dash back on it. Anyone know how to do this or what is the best way? Thanks

#5 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 May 2006 - 05:31 PM

now that the orignal HDD is working and if you set the clock (if needed)
the new HDD should boot (with the boot disk in the drive at power on)
then FTP to fix

#6 Steve45

Steve45

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 06:34 PM

I cannot boot the hard drive with a disc because it won't read any rw discs even tho it did before. So im guessing that the xbox live update somehow changed something so that it won't read rw disc cause with the orginal hard drive it will read the disc fine. Thats why im trying to figure out a way to take the hard drive connect to my pc and change the files that way cause thats the only way i can think of. I downloaded some tool to read the hard drive in pc but i can no get them to pick up the hard drive it does show that its connected in device manager but because of the file system it can't read it. So if anyone has any idea how to fix this please let me know

#7 mbay

mbay

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 07:18 AM

Steve45,

don't forget that the drive in the xbox has to be in a certain status, meaning "locked/unlocked" so that it can read it, but for the pc to read it it has to be the opposite.

#8 Steve45

Steve45

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 07:40 PM

WHOO HOOOOO FINALLY

I was able to fix my xbox using Xbhdm

I just wanna thank everyone that took the time to read this and respone.

#9 MartyMcFly

MartyMcFly

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 May 2006 - 09:21 PM

Im new to the Live aspect of the modded xbox. I have a xecutor 2.6 chip and Have managed to get my Hdd locked and I can boot to the origianl MS dash with the chip disabled. But in reference to this topic how can a person prevent his modded xbox from being automatically updated by xbox live. I dont want what happened to this guy to happen to me...

#10 mike96sc2

mike96sc2

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 May 2006 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE(MartyMcFly @ May 28 2006, 03:28 PM) View Post

Im new to the Live aspect of the modded xbox. I have a xecutor 2.6 chip and Have managed to get my Hdd locked and I can boot to the origianl MS dash with the chip disabled. But in reference to this topic how can a person prevent his modded xbox from being automatically updated by xbox live. I dont want what happened to this guy to happen to me...

You need to accept the update in order for it to update I believe, I am fairly confident actually.

#11 Steve45

Steve45

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 12:24 AM

Well I Lied.....

Now the light on the mod chip turns red and says my xbox needs service... unpluged the controler booted it and it worked fine. Unpluged the xbox to put it in another room and back to the red light... I know the flash is good and everything so I know its not a aliangment problem cause i took it apart to check... Oh well best thing you can do is keep your xbox away from kids lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users