Photo

Dead Xbox Hd - Mod And Upgrade Sequence?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rad1701

rad1701

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 12:07 PM

Ok, about a week the HD died in my version 1.0 XBOX. Figured now would be a good time to Mod it and install a new big drive. I now have an Xecuter 3 chip and a 250GB WD new HD. I just want to make sure I have the sequence of changes I need to do correct:

Pull old hard drive
Install Xecuter 3 mod chip
Flash bios on chip with a CD (bios on it)
Disable chip (I think I read the chip must be "off" for the next part)
Plug in new hard drive
Boot drive and format, etc. using Slayers autoinstaller disc
Power off and restart - with everything on.

Hopefully that should do it. Anyone see a problem with any of the above?

thanks... smile.gif

#2 JrracinFan8

JrracinFan8

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 May 2006 - 03:05 PM

Dont turn the chip off if you do you will just get error 5 more than likely because its not locked to mobo. But everything else, I see no problems with it. Have fun.

#3 rad1701

rad1701

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 03:28 PM

Thanks - I wasn't sure about that part. I think I have the chip in now - going to try and power up and Flash it.

#4 rad1701

rad1701

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 04:40 PM

Having some trouble now after the install.....

I have a version 1.0 XBOX. I installed the Xapt3r solderless adaptor to the XBOX board and the one little wire to D0. Then I just plugged my Xecuter 3 chip into the top and ran the two multiwire connectors to the front 5-dipswitch piece. From reading I didn't think with version one I had to run any other wires or use that other piece with the four connectors on it. I thought that was all just for version 1.6 XBOXes. Is that correct or do I need to hook something more to the chip? I did power it up with the on on off off off config and the Xec. glows red and the light around the eject button blinks red/green, over and over. I get no picture and I am using the original av cable with the three RCA outs to my TV. Any suggestions of help would be great. I was looking for a specific guide for this and couldn't find one using the solderless Xapt3r and X3 chip. I'm so close,.....

Ideas??

#5 rad1701

rad1701

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 12:29 AM

Still can't get the Bios screen to come up. sad.gif

#6 sterjess

sterjess

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 12:33 AM

Sounds like you're not getting a good connection with your solderless adapter. I used one for awhile but kept having to reseat it and wiggle it around to get it to work. I solder all mine to the board now.

#7 JrracinFan8

JrracinFan8

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 May 2006 - 01:00 AM

In regards to what sterjess said, please solder the pinheader and D0 point. It may sounds like a ton of work, but do the work now and save alot of hassle later.

#8 rad1701

rad1701

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE(JrracinFan8 @ May 27 2006, 08:07 PM) View Post

In regards to what sterjess said, please solder the pinheader and D0 point. It may sounds like a ton of work, but do the work now and save alot of hassle later.

So are you saying it works better to not use the solderless Xapt3r piece? The funny thing is, I can get all three blue lights on the solderless Xapt3r to light and the mod chip red lights up fine. But when I boot up, (and it boots immediately on putting power cord in) I don't see any video. Also, the little dipswitch module "X" glows red and the XBOX eject light blinks red/green. I boot with the dipswitches in the on on off off off mode. Ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users