• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rad1701

rad1701

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 04:17 PM

I have a version 1.0 XBOX. I installed the Xapt3r solderless adaptor to the XBOX board and the one little wire to D0. Then I just plugged my Xecuter 3 chip into the top and ran the two multiwire connectors to the front 5-dipswitch piece. From reading I didn't think with version one I had to run any other wires or use that other piece with the four connectors on it. I thought that was all just for version 1.6 XBOXes. Is that correct or do I need to hook something more to the chip? I did power it up with the on on off off off config and the Xec. glows red and the light around the eject button blinks red/green, over and over. I get no picture and I am using the original av cable with the three RCA outs to my TV. Any suggestions of help would be great. I was looking for a specific guide for this and couldn't find one using the solderless Xapt3r and X3 chip. I'm so close,.....

#2 K-MeTAL

K-MeTAL

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 07:22 PM

the only wires not nessecary for the install would be the lan/hdd/d0 wires, everything else (minus the lpc rebuild board) you should put on.

#3 rad1701

rad1701

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE(K-MeTAL @ May 27 2006, 02:29 PM) View Post

the only wires not nessecary for the install would be the lan/hdd/d0 wires, everything else (minus the lpc rebuild board) you should put on.

Cool - thanks!

#4 rad1701

rad1701

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 12:31 AM

Still can't get the Bios screen to come up. sad.gif Tried moving the Xapt3r around a bit - no help it seems.

#5 drumstyx

drumstyx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 08:27 AM

double check those springy wires (a real bugger i know)....if no still....try pressing down on top of the chip to make sure of a good connection...u said that u did something about a d0 wire....if u meant one of the spring wires....i dont know which one it is......but u dont need to solder a d0 point with the xapt3er...but u do need to put in all the spring wires...as i beleive they are the equivalent of an LPC rebuild

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users