1 reply to this topic

#1 darkskye

darkskye

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 03:25 AM

Hey ppl,

I figured that when putting in your modchip you could get confused on where to solder and what place is best to solder on. I had major troubles trying to find help at first when I needed to know where to solder my D0 cable. Well here are some suggestions for getting help.

Question:

I have downloaded the manual from SmartXX's site and their picture is different from my xbox... what should I do?

Awnser:

First try checking out Solder Versions at SmartXX. That page should give you good help and as far as I know it helps from chips versions 1-3. I don't know about Spider and OPX.

Question:

I keep on trying to solder on to the front of the mother board... it just wont work I try to get it to stay and it never will.

Awnser:

Well I found it easier when I soldered on my chip to solder on the alternative part of the motherboard. You can find it on the link provided above. Make sure you check your pins are secure and that your cable isn't to loose.

Suggestion: If you have trouble still or something not awnsered on this topic I would (just like I did) take a picture of the part of your Xbox your having troube with. Someone is usually bound to help.

If anyone has something they want to add, feel free to.

Good luck with your mods. laugh.gif
Darkskye

#2 dstealth

dstealth

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 June 2006 - 05:19 PM

The SmartXX V2 modchip was a fantastic chip when I had it installed. Top class OS, easy installation thanks to the brilliant manuals provided by the SmartXX team and relatively simple to use.

For doing the installation on a v1.6 xbox, which is what mine is, the installation instructions couldn't have been better, as they did the best LPC rebuild diagram I have seen yet!!!

I don't think I'll get the V3 chip though, I am running a DuoX 3 chip now. Opposite end of the price spectrum, and no real features, but a brilliant chip nonetheless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users