• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zdman

zdman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 04:40 PM

I have noticed when I watch videos (ripped dvd's or avi files) that are encoded with multichannel audio, that no audio comes through the standard L/R audio output. I have the output to all speakers checked. Has anyone else seen this? Dont want to post it as a bug until I verify it is not my setup.
FYI: I have my xbox connected two ways, standard audio L/R goes straight to my tv and the digital audio goes out to my stereo. I watch in both modes, if I want really good surround I go through my stereo, but if it is late at night and I do not want all the base, I just use my speakers in my tv. I will have to check my build, think I am using an early may build.

#2 elupus

elupus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 05:13 PM

ac3 streams and dts streams will be pass straight through without decoding.. so no analog output is used.. you need to switch to analog mode to get the audio through your L/R speakers in that case.

#3 zdman

zdman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 07:54 PM

THanks. I was afraid that was the case. Strange, I only noticed this recently, I thought it used to work both ways. Guess not. Easy enough for me to go in and change it, harder for the kids to do without messing something up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users