#1 DWL

DWL

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 May 2006 - 10:42 PM

This is a very basic question (and I've searched around the FAQs and the web for a detailed reason without luck), so please excuse any ignorance:

1) What is the reason (if any other than hardware integrity checking) for the XBox to apparently require the AV cable to be plugged in before it can boot?

2) Is there a way to circumvent this check? Specifically, I was hoping to get a soft-modded box to start-up without an AV cable plugged in.

Thanks for your time.

search words: xbox can't won't start won't boot trouble booting without av cable without cable

#2 king_dick

king_dick

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 11:46 PM

Well you won't be able to do it with a softmod because the check is in the bios and a softmod requires the origional bios to load first. You could do it with a chip though.

#3 mike96sc2

mike96sc2

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 28 May 2006 - 11:57 PM

There are no hacks for this, I am 99% positive, perhaps with a hacked bios it ignores it, but a softmod would never be able to bypass this.

#4 DWL

DWL

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 29 May 2006 - 12:02 AM

It would make sense that the check is in the BIOS. And if that's the case, I guess I'm out of luck. Thanks for the replies though.

On another note (perhaps I should start a new thread, but I'll try here first), does anyone know why the telnet server on evox seems to change? When I first telneted into the box, it allowed standard telnet commands (for directory traversal, etc). But now for some reason I'm getting the "dir" and "quit" only console behavior (seen this on my google searches but no explanations). The server title is something like RemoteX Telnet Server. Basically, I'd like to get telnet functionality back. Anyone know what's going on? Should I post this in another category?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users