DrumMasterFlash

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 May 2006 - 05:39 AM

Hello all. This is my first project.

I started a while ago with just a chip and a skin thinking i'd never do anything agian, but now im adding on and changing things.

Whats been done: Installed Xenium Ice, sodered pinheader meathod. Installed Slayer's V2.6. Installed Hitachi 80gb HD. Installed Skull Skin. Removed jewel. Bought a completly useless external fan grr.gif .

Whats to come: Paint Jewel. Add some glow. Touch up the paint. Mabey turn it into a slim box, but i'll probaly ruin my case. Hardwire Wireless reciver.

And thats my plans as of right now. I know not very original, but im not the most handy with a tool person rolleyes.gif .

And heres some pics, click for bigger pics:

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Please comment, add suggestions and point me in the direction of good tutorials if you feel you need to. Peace

#2 Elusid

Elusid

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 May 2006 - 06:43 AM

Looks cool but you might want to put a jewel on there again. IDK mby like a devil or skull to match the theme that glows red.

#3 poo87

poo87

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Interests:Cutting, sanding, painting, lighting, anything I can get my hands on to. Oh yea, I play bass too.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 May 2006 - 07:18 AM

Installed Skull Skin

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grr.gif Don't ever say that again! Thats like saying "I just installed a bumber sticker". It looks as if you have painted your case red and if that is so then dont cover it up with a shitty skin. I'm sorry I just really, really hate skins.

Aside from that it looks ok, maybe a window would make it look alittle more festive. Good luck

flamethrower.gif SKINS

#4 DrumMasterFlash

DrumMasterFlash

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 01:27 PM

Well i like the skin, and im not going to take it off and waste money just bescause some one dosent like it. I do however plan on buying a seperate cover and airbrush a skull and "Flash" onto it.

#5 nightmare84j28

nightmare84j28

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 02:21 PM

So, basically this is an xbox with a modchip and hard drive upgrade...

blink.gif

#6 FreakSho

FreakSho

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 03:21 PM

i love skulls demons all the good stuff so i think that skin is awesome lol....but anyways we all know it here that the xbox needs ALOOOOOOT of work tongue.gif

#7 DrumMasterFlash

DrumMasterFlash

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 03:55 PM

^^ I agree, which is why its a worklog.

I got an old xbox from a friend and now i got 2 im working on. This one needs alot of work, and im suprised it even works at all. It made enemies a hurricane so its got rust every where in the case. I opened it up and was messing around with it, took off the heat sink, and a penny fricken fell out blink.gif . Plus my friend though it would be cool to do some custom paint, but he failed at it. Heres some pics of the other box im working on.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Im gonna buy a cover for this one and paint it white and blue, sorta counter my other box (black and red). Then do some airbrushing.

Ps. rust is very fricken hard to get off sad.gif

#8 audi-hibby

audi-hibby

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:09 PM

the penny that fell out, was it smoothed down on either side and placed between the heatsink and the cpu? or was it just a random lost penny lol

ive heard of this mod before on a pc as the penny is a great heat conductor.

#9 FreakSho

FreakSho

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:17 PM

bill gates is a billionaire, i would think he would do more than a cheap penny laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif just messin

#10 DrumMasterFlash

DrumMasterFlash

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 05:09 PM

Just a random lost penny. I told my friend and he said "Whoops."

Well i got 98% of the rust out, now to paint cause i discolored the metal. Then next is to paint the bottem plastic. Off to auto zone i go. Update with pics when the paint is done.

#11 nightmare84j28

nightmare84j28

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 05:15 PM

You should just remove all the sheilding and try it on your freinds tv, if it doesnt distort the image or cause interferrance with anything leave it out, saves a job.

#12 pimpmaul69

pimpmaul69

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 May 2006 - 06:08 PM

personally i would never pull the bottom shielding..and why paint the shielding?? you cant see it.. personally i like the skull skin.. did 2 of them for customers on the cheap ass clear cases.. looks really good that way

#13 DrumMasterFlash

DrumMasterFlash

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 06:33 PM

Im painting it because right now it dosent have a cover and you can see the discolored metal. Also i though it would be cool to have a different inside then most people.

Side note, i plan on buying a chip for the box (V1.0) and i was wondering what chip has the best Performance/Price ratio.

#14 Modderxtrordanare

Modderxtrordanare

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 09:43 PM

You aren't gonna sell me that xbox? uhh.gif

#15 DrumMasterFlash

DrumMasterFlash

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 12:12 AM

^^ Well i though about it, and i wanted to mod more so i'm gonna use that box as a test box so if i srew it up i wont care that much. Sorry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users