• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 GreyAtom

GreyAtom

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 07:29 PM

This has been a project I've been working on lately. I'm guessing that this will be the final version unless there are any serious bugs or if someone has a really good idea for an update. Please send any bugs you find to joellombardo@gmail.com

QUOTE(Readme)
/===============================================\
Project Gotham Racing 2 Vehicle Editor v0.6 beta
\===============================================/
By GreyAtom

======================
Reversion History
======================

v0.1 - Public Release to find bugs (PUBLIC RELEASE)
v0.2 - Small bug fix and GUI fixes
v0.3 - Fixed bugs that caused runtime errors
v0.4 - Added Dynamic Terms list
v0.5 - Major GUI fixes
v0.6 - *CURRENT* Improved Loading/Saving and all .ini's added (PUBLIC RELEASE)

============
Readme
============

For this version, the loading/saving is completely different. Now, since the last release, you can edit any car instead of just the Mini Cooper. Don't worry, all the .ini's are added. However, they are copyright material so I might have to take them off. I don't really know the legal info with that stuff or with the game. Instructions are the same as before. If you don't know how to use the app, then... you're pathetic, sorry.

Updates! The style of the GUI didn't change, but some things got added, removed, and changed. Nothing too big.

Also another key feature is the Dynamic Terms. It's a list of all the terms and what they mean (some are still unknown for now).

That's about it. This could be the final version if there are no bugs.

Screenshots:
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Download:
http://workshop.halo...PGR2VEv0.6b.rar

#2 Evox117

Evox117

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Interests:Hacking xbox's.......PC's....And skateboarding....And Fire....Im a HUGE pyro.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 June 2006 - 02:46 AM

You created a text editor?

#3 GreyAtom

GreyAtom

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE(Evox117 @ Jun 15 2006, 02:53 AM) View Post

You created a text editor?

It's not a text editor... it runs off of a list view.

#4 DOS4GW

DOS4GW

The XLink Fraggle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Interests:Pet my Xbox

Posted 18 June 2006 - 12:05 AM

Could make a nice app merged with ZPaul2Fresh8's definitions (pinned here).

Topic temporary pinned the topic as this thread is drying up.

#5 Evox117

Evox117

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Interests:Hacking xbox's.......PC's....And skateboarding....And Fire....Im a HUGE pyro.
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 July 2006 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE(GreyAtom @ Jun 16 2006, 04:06 PM) View Post

It's not a text editor... it runs off of a list view.

I have one of those too....Its called Notepad.

#6 beige

beige

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 05:29 AM

Notepad doesn't requre you to install a gig of .NET framework in order to run, though.

While I appreciate the effort made, I don't see a use for this program.

It's simple enough to edit the ini's on the xbox itself, and dead simple to do in notepad and send to your xbox. I beleive it would actually be quicker to do it in notepad than to use this program.

If you did want to improve it...
Instead of having the dynamic terms as a seperate popup list, why not have it display the definitions for the selected term in the text box at the left of the screen. At least that would give it some extra functionality that notepad doesn't have.
(It might already do that, but I'm not going to install MS's .NET framework just to run this program.)

A lot of the values don't need to be changed, if you wanted to make those values non-editable then it would make your program useful in that it adds an idiot-proof aspect to editing cars. If you wanted to get really fancy, sliders that worked within ranges that won't crash the game (or do something really stupid to the way the cars act) would work even more to that effect.

Oh yeah...
CofGoffset is the offset of the Center of Gravity from the center of the car (guessing center is based on the MIScale numbers)
CofGRatioZ is the Center of Gravity height. (I'm guessing Ratio means that it's in percentage of the Z scale. 0 meaning 0% 1 meaning 100%)

I'm pretty sure X is width, Y is length, and Z is height, which you might want to add in your definitions of MIScale

WheelInertia is the resistance to change in velocity (inertia) of the wheel, but I don't know if it's linear, rotational or both.

You also have a typo for the definition of SlidingGripScale where you spelled grip as "grig"

For the definitions of TransverseGripScale you might want to reword it "...transverse tire grip.." or "the tire grip, transversely" Obviously that applies to front and rearTransverseGripScale as well.

Those are the only ones I know of from the picture of the Dynamic Terms list you posted.

#7 GreyAtom

GreyAtom

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 01:42 AM

Thanks for the comments beige. About the .Net framework... I figured everyone (with a halfway decent PC) has the new one, not to mention it's only 122 MB, not half a gig. wink.gif

Yes, everyone has Notepad and you can edit most everything in there, but I did this so any beginning modders could use it because I think it's more user friendly and created just for the game. It was also a learning experience for me as I am just learning VB.

I will do what you said to make it better, but all in all, if you want to use Notepad, then use it. If you want to use this program, then use it.

#8 brienj

brienj

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE(GreyAtom @ Jul 28 2006, 08:49 PM) View Post

Thanks for the comments beige. About the .Net framework... I figured everyone (with a halfway decent PC) has the new one, not to mention it's only 122 MB, not half a gig. wink.gif

Yes, everyone has Notepad and you can edit most everything in there, but I did this so any beginning modders could use it because I think it's more user friendly and created just for the game. It was also a learning experience for me as I am just learning VB.

I will do what you said to make it better, but all in all, if you want to use Notepad, then use it. If you want to use this program, then use it.

I was leary at first to use .NET for my apps, but if somebody doesn't have .NET on thier computer, than they must have a Mac, or need to update their Window install, either way, it's not my fault. biggrin.gif

Good job on the program, nice to see other people that contribute stuff to the community. smile.gif

#9 salival

salival

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 09:04 PM

What you could do, if you still want to work on this and want to make it even more user friendly, is make an interface with sliders. All different components could be on seperate tabs, think like forza (and a lot of other racing games).

This way it has a lot more added value over i.e. notpad.

Whatever you decide to do: Keep up the good work.

#10 mpkgamer_uk

mpkgamer_uk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:14 AM

In reply to salival:

I made a PGR2 editor about 3 years ago. It sits on the PC, has full FTP functionality, so you can go from PC to XBOX via ethernet, and does all the slider-type stuff that you asked about with 2 key extras:

1: A full torque/horsepower graph that can be edited in realtime

2: A peak horsepower/peak torque gear ratio converter, so when you hit peak revs, the next gear will drop you straight into peak torque, so you're always on power.

I will add this to the internet tonight on my website, so people can grab it and try it out (I'm at work at the moment!).

The link will be on http://www.martinking.net , in a sub-tab called PGR2IniEditor

Thanks!

Martin

#11 ekszbox

ekszbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE(mpkgamer_uk @ Sep 28 2007, 12:50 PM) View Post

In reply to salival:

I made a PGR2 editor about 3 years ago.....

Thanks!

Martin

Good job, your app works well.

Maybe a few refinments you may look at implementing:
* Allowing values to be changed via the mouse wheel.
* Support for resizing the MDI windows (As currently on resolutions of 800x600 or less you can't access certain properties)

KM

#12 mpkgamer_uk

mpkgamer_uk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 09:42 AM

The resolution is fixed because of the sheer number of parameters the ini file has!

Most people (unless running DOS) tend to have their screens at 1024x768 anyway.

I can see if there is a way to make the forms scrollable (Place all controls in a picturebox and set scrolling to true should do it!)

It's probably a bit buggy, but then again, I haven't done any coding on it for 3 years, so maybe a C# version?

Cheers for checking it out, I was quite chuffed with it at the time, especially the Torque Graph, which is a custom control (might licence out the object so other people can use it).

Martin

#13 12136663

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 01 October 2007 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE(mpkgamer_uk @ Sep 29 2007, 10:18 AM) View Post

The resolution is fixed because of the sheer number of parameters the ini file has!

Most people (unless running DOS) tend to have their screens at 1024x768 anyway.

I can see if there is a way to make the forms scrollable (Place all controls in a picturebox and set scrolling to true should do it!)

It's probably a bit buggy, but then again, I haven't done any coding on it for 3 years, so maybe a C# version?

Cheers for checking it out, I was quite chuffed with it at the time, especially the Torque Graph, which is a custom control (might licence out the object so other people can use it).

Martin

the link dosnt work

#14 mpkgamer_uk

mpkgamer_uk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:56 AM

Yes it does. How do you think ekszbox go hold of it?

tongue.gif

Try this link:

http://www.martinkin...ent/view/28/38/

Click on the link for PGR2INIEDITOR.rar. It should then allow you to save the .rar file.

Good luck!

huh.gif

#15 12136663

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE(mpkgamer_uk @ Oct 2 2007, 10:32 AM) View Post

Yes it does. How do you think ekszbox go hold of it?

tongue.gif

Try this link:

http://www.martinkin...ent/view/28/38/

Click on the link for PGR2INIEDITOR.rar. It should then allow you to save the .rar file.

Good luck!

huh.gif

i have downloaded this and it comes up with a error when i start the editor. i have run the win32 extractor and then i run the editor and i get error 339 componant comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered:a file is missing or invalid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users