• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kiptinui

kiptinui

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 10:23 PM

I've softmodded my xbox using unleashx/Splinter Cell and replaced the HD using xboxhdm. My hard drive is 250gb but my F: drive has only 137gb, I understand this is some kind of limitation. How do I get my G: drive up and running?

I've tried formatting it from Evox, but this doesn't work - it won't show up when I FTP in (even after refreshing) and it does show up in XBMC but with no space allocated.

I've read elsewhere that I should use XBPartitioner to format the drive, but if I do that I'll lose all my stuff and won't be able to boot the xbox to put it back on via ftp. I've tried making boot discs with evox and avalaunch that run XBPartitioner, but when XBPartitioner quits, I end up back in XBMC (on the HDD). I don't want to try running XBPartitioner using this method as it would make my box unbootable - it would attempt to load xbmc which no longer exists after formatting.

Is there a way to ensure XBPartitioner goes back to the dashboard on the boot-disc, rather than the one on the HDD when it quits? That way I can ftp on and put my backups on the HDD after formatting.

Does anyone know how to get my G drive working? This is driving me totally nuts. uhh.gif

#2 creg turner

creg turner

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:I sell Modded Xbox's, do MOD installs, repairs, and Paintjobs. And I love the ladies.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 May 2006 - 11:44 PM

My suggestion would try using Slayers and build a new hard drive from there. I have a 250GB Hard Drive in my system, and that's what I used.

#3 kiptinui

kiptinui

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 12:18 AM

I actually tried using Slayer's too, but had no joy with that! I found a solution earlier: XBPartitioner formats only the extended partitions, not the standard ones. So, for anyone reading now or in the future: sort out your G: drive woes with XBPartitioner! It formats G: and F: but will not erase the rest of your stuff! I used it to increase the size of F: by reformatting, now it's around 230gb.

Thanks for your advice nonetheless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users