• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 creg turner

creg turner

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:I sell Modded Xbox's, do MOD installs, repairs, and Paintjobs. And I love the ladies.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 May 2006 - 04:13 PM

Ok, here's the problem. I bought a broken Xbox off ebay that gives error 21. I am pretty sure it has not been modded. I read a couple of tutuorials, and the best thing to do is rebuild the xbox hard drive with xboxhdm.

So I got all the files, and put the MS dash in the C:/Linux.. Clicked on the winbat file, and then made an ISO using DVD decrypter. Instead of using a Cd-R, I used a DVD-R.

So it was time to rebuild the hard drive.. I hotswapped the drive into my computer, with xboxhdm loaded up, chose option 1, typed 'xboxhd' for the password, and then chose option 1 again for rebuilding the hard drive. Everything went smooth, and the hard drive was rebuilt with the MS dash files.

Well it was time to place the hard drive back into the xbox. When I booted it up, it went straight back to error 21. Why is this? Would it make any difference on the kind of media I used? Should I use a Cd-R?

I do not have a modchip with me, so I want to fix this xbox without using one. So can anyone please help me out on this? Thank you.

#2 BigSteel

BigSteel

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 May 2006 - 04:25 PM

I had this same problem once. It may not be the files that are giving you an error 21, it could be something to do with the network connection chip. Try installing a hacked dash thru xboxhdm (ie. Kingroachs NDURE installer for PC, or UXE complete).

Edited by BigSteel, 30 May 2006 - 04:27 PM.

#3 creg turner

creg turner

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:I sell Modded Xbox's, do MOD installs, repairs, and Paintjobs. And I love the ladies.

Posted 30 May 2006 - 04:27 PM

So what do you suggest I do? Thanks.

#4 BigSteel

BigSteel

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 May 2006 - 04:28 PM

Try as above and then see if you can FTP into the xbox or not.

#5 creg turner

creg turner

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 04:32 PM

Right now, I cannot connect to Xbins, because my computer ethernet port is messed up, so I have no luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users