davinator456

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 May 2006 - 04:31 PM

this game looks fun, with plenty of customization- im sure its been mentioned on here somewhere but thought i'd post anyway.

I just hope you don't have to control like 5 mechs yourself and order them around in Multi player....

anyway sounds pretty good me

http://www.sega.com/...me=chromehounds

Edited by davinator456, 30 May 2006 - 04:31 PM.

#2 sp3cialk

sp3cialk

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 04:43 PM

The plot reminds me of Steel Battalion: Line of Contact, but not the same without the controller... I may end up getting this game... I heard you could have different classes of "Hounds" like sniper, assault, etc....

#3 davinator456

davinator456

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 05:24 PM

that controller was HUGE!

yah a sniper mech sounds pretty cool-

one thing im unsure about is it says there are like 115 multiplayer maps or something along those lines- this could be a good thing- but i think that the maps will have a randomized feel to it- not like the carefully constructed maps like ghost recon or halo or something with a fewer number of maps

Edited by davinator456, 30 May 2006 - 05:25 PM.

#4 Legendary Badass

Legendary Badass

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 May 2006 - 10:02 PM

Didn't Steel Battalion have that controller that resembled Caterpillar control panels? I'd like to see more games come with game specific controllers to better experience the action.

#5 BoyScout

BoyScout

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE(davinator456 @ May 30 2006, 05:31 PM) View Post

that controller was HUGE!

yah a sniper mech sounds pretty cool-

one thing im unsure about is it says there are like 115 multiplayer maps or something along those lines- this could be a good thing- but i think that the maps will have a randomized feel to it- not like the carefully constructed maps like ghost recon or halo or something with a fewer number of maps

115 map thats sounds bs now... They should have only 20 maps or so and later on give us free updates and more map or something... quality is much better... I hate some bs looking map where its not the right type of terrain to actually play in... I mean 115 is a good idea, but no... 1-20 online that sounds good biggrin.gif 10 vs 10 chrome hound battles whoot whoot..

i hope they make some connection with online and single player game... like if you do good in single player you can speical parts or something.. Or if you do good in online you can use speical parts biggrin.gif...

#6 Staple

Staple

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 31 May 2006 - 05:38 AM

I <3 mech warrior i hope they make another for 360 this game looks promising thou sega has been off there mark lately

#7 sp3cialk

sp3cialk

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE(Legendary Badass @ May 30 2006, 05:09 PM) View Post

Didn't Steel Battalion have that controller that resembled Caterpillar control panels? I'd like to see more games come with game specific controllers to better experience the action.

Yea... the game(s) were pretty cool... it was just sometimes a pain to get everything out to play... $200 was a bit high for a game and a controller though.. so if they did come out with specific controllers for games I'd like to see them cheaper... (I was lucky enough to score mine on ebay for cheap)

#8 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:00 PM

i really can not wait for the game either. while it does remind me of steel battalion, it also reminds me of the saturn classic gun griffon. that game was great for its time and now the versions on ps2 and xbox are below par IMO. too bad chromehounds got delayed though even further just today though dry.gif

http://www.gamersrep....com/news/2758/

#9 jimjom

jimjom

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Interests:4 8 15 16 23 42
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:05 PM

omg! that sucks ass!! damn you MS. quit fucking delaying EVERY game. Goddammit! Seriously, I dont think I have ever seen so many delays for one console, in one year, this is getting ridiculous.

#10 davinator456

davinator456

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:37 PM

off topic- but i just noticed your link and lost planet release date is in '07 that blows- but if the demo looks that good now- i wonder how the final product will look- yay

- so what is the official release date for chromehounds now anyway?

Edited by davinator456, 31 May 2006 - 07:38 PM.

#11 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE(jimjom @ May 31 2006, 02:12 PM) View Post

omg! that sucks ass!! damn you MS. quit fucking delaying EVERY game. Goddammit! Seriously, I dont think I have ever seen so many delays for one console, in one year, this is getting ridiculous.

i think you need to calm down and think, for once. MS has nothing to do with what SEGA delays. the publisher, in conjunction with the developers, decide what is delayed and not.

secondly, this should have been expect by everyone. with the vastly different architectures of the ps3/360 we should be expecting way more delays then ever before. things that were safe in coding before will grind the game to a hault now, and the whole process needs to be revised. the deeper a dev team dives in a project the more they can find out is possible and want to add more or they can come up with more problems and take a closer look into finding out the solution.

either way, i have been waiting for this game as well but at least i know where to point the finger

#12 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 31 May 2006 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE(jimjom @ May 31 2006, 04:12 PM) View Post

Think about it... the more time they spend on a game (for the most part):
1) The better the graphics will be
2) The tighter the controls will be
3) The smarter the AI will be
4) The better and smoother online play will be
5) The more interesting cutscenes/missions may be

So, all in all... I'd MUCH rather have a game come out 6 months later and have it be better than coming out 6 months earlier. For the amount of money we are paying for games... I think it's sometimes GOOD to see them set back release dates. They might not be satisfied with what they have done and just want to make it better.

#13 sp3cialk

sp3cialk

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE(CattyKid @ May 31 2006, 03:40 PM) View Post

Think about it... the more time they spend on a game (for the most part):
1) The better the graphics will be
2) The tighter the controls will be
3) The smarter the AI will be
4) The better and smoother online play will be
5) The more interesting cutscenes/missions may be

So, all in all... I'd MUCH rather have a game come out 6 months later and have it be better than coming out 6 months earlier. For the amount of money we are paying for games... I think it's sometimes GOOD to see them set back release dates. They might not be satisfied with what they have done and just want to make it better.

Can't back you on those because of what we saw with RB6:Lockdown... I'm just hoping vegas will be better... sucks I have to wait longer for chromehounds... I was looking foward to it and a friend was going to have to buy it for me as his part of a deal... mad.gif

#14 Staple

Staple

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 31 May 2006 - 09:57 PM

All in all if they need mroe time on a game DONT FUCKING HYPE IT UP A YEAR IN ADVANCE PERIOD

mad.gif

Edited by Staple, 31 May 2006 - 09:57 PM.

#15 jimjom

jimjom

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Interests:4 8 15 16 23 42
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 31 May 2006 - 10:08 PM

Yeah.. I am game for waiting if the game actually needs the development. it's just stupid they are like "HEY THIS GAME IS COMING OUT IN A WEEK. NOPE, TWO. A MONTH. THREE. A YEAR!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users