TheRealStJimmy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 May 2006 - 06:27 PM

hey, if anyone can shed sum lite on this id be v.grateful. i think i got it sussed but i wanna ask.

atm i hav a desktop PC which has a USB wireless device which connects to a wireless router with 2mbps broadband.

i have a xbox360 connected by RJ45 from the wireless routers' LAN port to the port on the 360 to access live.

ive recently repaired my orig xbox1 with Xecuter 2.6&XBMC and purchased a Dell XPS laptop.

i want to know if i can use the RJ45 from the wireless router conencted to this
5-Port Switching Hub
with my 360, xbox, and laptop connected to each port on the hub.

im keepin my desktop seperate.

my 2 questions are:
1. will this enable my 360(live)/xbox(XBMC)/laptop(internet) to access the internet from the one cable?
and
2. will this enable my laptop to 'see' my xbox1 to ftp etc...

??

#2 neogeo818

neogeo818

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 May 2006 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE(TheRealStJimmy @ May 30 2006, 01:34 PM) View Post

my 2 questions are:
1. will this enable my 360(live)/xbox(XBMC)/laptop(internet) to access the internet from the one cable?
and
2. will this enable my laptop to 'see' my xbox1 to ftp etc...

The answer:
You have to be be more specific and clear on what you are asking.

I'll try to give you an answer. You said you had a wireless router? Does that router have a switch built in? If you have a router, lets say a standard 4 port one with a WAN port going out to a cable/dsl modem and you want to have PC's access the internet THROUGH it, you just connect them to the other ports and be on your way.

If you have another switch plugged into that router(a daisy chain in networking land), let's say its plugged into port 4 on the "wireless" one you have, and then into port 1 on your "switch/hub", any devices connected to that second switch are now connected to the original router just like they were on the 1st router.

Put your computers/xbox on the same IP addressing scheme: 192.168.x.x ( ex. 192.168.5.1 , 192.168.5.2, 192.168.5.3 , 192.168.5.4) Just know what computers are what when you assign the addresses and you can share internet, FTP, and do whatever you need to do.

#3 TheRealStJimmy

TheRealStJimmy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 May 2006 - 07:02 PM

thnx for quick reply,

i did fuck up tho, wen i said wireless ROUTER i meant wireless MODEM!

sorry! was just getting myself ocnfused...

yeh i hav no additional ports otherwise i would just plug them straight in

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users