• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Fate-

Fate-

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 07:51 PM

What would happen if I plugged in a regular HDD that was no formated, totally blank? I recently salvaged a HDD from a computer and I plugged it into my xbox to see if it would still spin. I got error code 7 but I could feel it spinning. Is it normal to get error code 7 when you plug in a blank HDD? I just want to know if my HDD is dead before I start to try and format it.

#2 shadow23

shadow23

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 May 2006 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE(Fate- @ May 31 2006, 04:58 AM) View Post

What would happen if I plugged in a regular HDD that was no formated, totally blank? I recently salvaged a HDD from a computer and I plugged it into my xbox to see if it would still spin. I got error code 7 but I could feel it spinning. Is it normal to get error code 7 when you plug in a blank HDD? I just want to know if my HDD is dead before I start to try and format it.

Well to see if it's still working, put it in your PC. And if it does work then you can start reading on how to make an xbox hdd from scratch.

#3 Fate-

Fate-

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 08:16 PM

Is that the only way? I dont want to take apart my computer if it is not going to work. My computer is still under warranty.

#4 shadow23

shadow23

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE(Fate- @ May 31 2006, 05:23 AM) View Post

Is that the only way? I dont want to take apart my computer if it is not going to work. My computer is still under warranty.

Well unless you buy a hdd enclosure and plug it through your USB in your PC.

Putting a BLANK or another hdd in the xbox (unmodded) simply just won't work (you'll always get an error message). So I suggest you do some research here http://www.xbox-scen...x-tutorials.php.

Edited by shadow23, 30 May 2006 - 08:34 PM.

#5 Fate-

Fate-

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 08:33 PM

I knew that it would not work, I just wanted to see if it would still spin or if it was fried.

#6 shadow23

shadow23

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE(Fate- @ May 31 2006, 05:40 AM) View Post

I knew that it would not work, I just wanted to see if it would still spin or if it was fried.

I was just answering your question here:

QUOTE(Fate- @ May 31 2006, 04:58 AM) View Post

What would happen if I plugged in a regular HDD that was no formated, totally blank? I recently salvaged a HDD from a computer and I plugged it into my xbox to see if it would still spin. I got error code 7 but I could feel it spinning. Is it normal to get error code 7 when you plug in a blank HDD?

Unless you have or know someone who has a PC you can test your hdd in or know someone who has a modded xbox there's no way of knowing if the hdd is still working.

#7 Fate-

Fate-

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 09:08 PM

Ok thanks. I guess the warrenty is becoming void muhaha.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users