4 replies to this topic

#1 fnm182

fnm182

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:12 AM

Hi all,

I have an Xecuter2 in my xbox with XBMC as my main dash. I used to be able to ftp into into xbmc without any problems but lately I can't anymore. The username and password have both always been "xbox". I have everything set as static IPs on my home network. Nothing has changed on my xbox or on my home network and I can't figure out why it won't let me in anymore...

When I connect, this is the message I get in FlashFXP:

====================================================
[R] Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #1
[R] Connecting to 192.168.2.20 - XBOX -> IP=192.168.2.20 PORT=21 (attempt # 1)
[R] Connected to 192.168.2.20 - XBOX
[R] 220-
[R] 220----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[R] 220-XBMC:FileZilla version 1.5.6, (based on FileZilla Server 0.8.8)
[R] 220-
[R] 220-http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc/
[R] 220----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[R] 220
[R] 421 Login time exceeded. Closing control connection.
[R] Connection failed
====================================================

After that, it just comes to a complete halt and kinda hangs...

When I use FireFTP, it comes back with the error message: "530 Login or password incorrect!"

I have gone into xbmc and set the password again to "xbox" but it doesn't let me change the username. The only 2 options for username are: "?0?" and "?^1?". I don't know what those are or what they're supposed to mean. When i try to switch one to the other, it doesn't actually save and always reverts back to "?0?".

When I go into Avalaunch and FTP into the xbox through there, it logs me in but does not show anything at all in the file listing for the xbox (even though it shows me as logged in). I think in reality it never actually logs me in.

I'm at a complete loss for what to do since I need to upgrade my hard drive (I already bought a 400 gig hard drive that I'd like to put in).

Any ideas?

PS - I made a post about this about a week ago but I don't think I provided enough detail or made everything clear. Here it is just for reference: http://forums.xbox-s...367&pid=3431304

Edited by fnm182, 31 May 2006 - 03:15 AM.

#2 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:20 AM

Quickie stab in the dark before lunch..

Is the first (and most likely only) User Name tag in FilezillaServer.xml (in XBMC root unless you have a *very* new build) set to <User Name="xbox"> ?

#3 fnm182

fnm182

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE(Xombe @ May 30 2006, 08:27 PM) View Post

Quickie stab in the dark before lunch..

Is the first (and most likely only) User Name tag in FilezillaServer.xml (in XBMC root unless you have a *very* new build) set to <User Name="xbox"> ?

Thanks for your reply.

I thought about checking to see if the user name was in fact still "xbox". The only way I can check that it is in fact still set to xbox is to look at the xbmc files on my PC (the same ones that i moved to the xbox) since I can't ftp into the xbox itself.

So to answer your question, Yes there is only 1 username and it is set to "xbox".

PS my xbmc is build Feb-06-2006 so it's far from the latest version if that provides any extra clues.

#4 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 31 May 2006 - 06:34 AM

You can view the XML file on your HDD by using Avalaunch's file manger. I'm sure you will find them the same as on your PC, but if you want to be 100% sure...

Might be a red herring though. Have you tried booting and FTPing into a bootdisc or autoinstaller? That addresses the last question you posed in your last thread...

#5 fnm182

fnm182

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE(Xombe @ May 30 2006, 11:41 PM) View Post

You can view the XML file on your HDD by using Avalaunch's file manger. I'm sure you will find them the same as on your PC, but if you want to be 100% sure...

Might be a red herring though. Have you tried booting and FTPing into a bootdisc or autoinstaller? That addresses the last question you posed in your last thread...

I don't actually have a bootdisk but I will try and figure out how to make one. I'm assuming Slayer's is an autoinstaller? I know I have that downloaded somewhere so I will give that a try as well. I just can't figure out what's wrong with the current setup though..

Thanks anyway for your help smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users