X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 May 2006 - 02:08 PM

I've been using a build that is quite old for some time
I purchased and fixed an xbox a few days ago, so i put the lates XBMC build on it. Well, now when i try to go and browse the network, it can't find the server. I went into the setting and looked around and there was something new there that asked for an IP. I entered my PC's IP and managed to browse to it.

How come i had to enter an IP? In the past i would just go the SMB and be able to go to WORKGROUP/PCNAME/
and see all the shares

#2 elupus

elupus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:26 PM

that should normally work.. (and the option you just changed is actually removed in cvs).. you can however add bookmarks in my videos/music.. manully wich point to your server.. But as i said, browsing should normally work.

#3 webMASTER P

webMASTER P

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:32 PM

i can't wait for a stable 2.0 release. Once that comes, i don't plan to upgrade for a very long time, probably till the next stable release.

i'll try another build, thanks

#4 bdf24

bdf24

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:03 PM

I'm actually having the same problem. Used to be able to browse my PC through the smb (workgroup) option. Now comes up saying unable to fine server. So I just went into network setting's and created a new on using my PC's IP address and labled it PC. So that's in the menu now and works the same as the smb used to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users