#1 shanedooley

shanedooley

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:49 PM

I have Windows CE installed as an app on my softmodded xbox,but there is a small issue it comes up with a small box that says please name usb device and I am guessing it is talking about the controller could someone please help me with this issue.
and is it possible to use the controller as a mouse

#2 hitman24

hitman24

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 07:52 PM

Will Windows CE will only run Windows CE apps, so have to make sure your only trying to run an Windows CE app on Windows CE. Thier are 3rd party apps that let Windows XP, Mac, and Liunx users run Windows CE apps, but Windows CE can't run any desktop Windows 1.1 - Windows VISTA apps. Mirocsoft has sind that an X-BOX 360 version of Windows VISTA is coming out that'll will let X-BOX 360 users do all things that Windows XP Meida Center Endtion does on Desktops.

#3 keith1212

keith1212

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:10 PM

There is a read-me file that come with wondows ce in the default.xbe folder. In there it tells you that a usb mouse is the only thing currentlys supported. so no keyboard. the box only pops up if u have the xbox controller plugged in because it is an unknown usb device.

So what u can to do

1.) Wire up a usb hub in your xbox. I installed my 4-port usb hub on the forth controller port. It was a mini stick hub about 3.5 inches long(i didnt measure) and less than an inch wide with aboue 3 inches extension of wire. And trimmed the edges and match the colors on my fourth controller port and sodered them together.

2.) Take the part of the xbox controller that plugs into the xbox and cut it and trim the wires. Then get a usb mouse and cut it off before the plug and trimm those wires. From there just match up the colors and soder them/ twist and tape them together. I reccomend sodering them.

3.) Buy a joy frag to hook up a regular mouse although i dont know if this method is supported.

Pics Here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users