Photo

How To Rip Your Dvd To Psp Mp4, Mp3 Easily, Fast, Perfectly?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Icepring

Icepring

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:24 AM

This guide will show you how to easily rip DVD to PSP MP4 and MP3 with the perfect qulity.

Xilisoft DVD to PSP Converter is powerful, easy to use PSP conversion software. It can rip/convert DVD to PSP video MP4 formats and PSP audio formats MP3, M4A with the fastest speed.

!! It supports ripping DVD by custom file size; It auto-splits output file to several files to fit your PSP; You can compress movies to any size you need; You can select target subtitle and audio track etc.

1. Download Xilisoft DVD to PSP Converter, and install to your computer.

2. Load your DVD into the program: Please choose "Add DVD Folder" in the File menu or directly click the "DVD" button in the main interface, then select your DVD-ROM in the pop-up window and press the "OK" button.

IPB Image

3. All files from DVD disc are loaded as the following picture:
Two main modes to rip DVD: First, you can convert your whole DVD by highlighting the title which contains the whole episodes of DVD, such as the title_01 in the following screenshot. Second, if you like, you can select certain chapters to convert: Press "Show Chapters" button on the interface to find all the chapters in the file.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Tip: The "Title" button allows us to edit listed titles/chapters like renaming, removing, checking, etc, which is the same as the 'Edit' menu.

Tip: It supports multithreading and batch conversion. You can select all files you want to convert and Xilisoft DVD to PSP Converter will automatically rip them one by one, even if these files use different settings.

4. Highlight certain chapters you want to convert or just keep all chapters being selected. Then set output format: Select the target output format in "Profile" combo-box on the interface. You can select different output formats for different files.

IPB Image

Tip: You will get a first-class output file if you select “Excellent Quality”, but the size of the file would be quite large in this way. According to the test, in excellent quality conversion, if your original video file is in 2 hours duration, the output file will be larger than 500 MB, which means it is beyond the capability of 512 MB memory stick. But with “Minimal Size” output, the output file will be about 220 MB, which means it is possible that you store two movies on your 512 MB memory disk. Generally speaking, I recommend the default setting “PSP-PSP MPEG-4 Video (*.mp4)”, which will produce medium quality in proper size.

5. Set output mode: After selecting certain output format, the right panel will show general standard of the format. By clicking certain setting, you may specify it. Or just keep the default settings.

IPB Image

Tip: It supports clip or segment conversion. You can convert any clip or segment by setting the start point and duration at will. For example, you want to rip a clip from 00:03:20 to 00:08:00 please click "Start time" to set the starting time 00:03:20 and click "Duration" to specify the length 00:04:40.

6. There are other options on the interface you can adjust. Or you can just keep the default settings:
* In 'Zoom' section, you can find four options. 'Letterbox', 'medium', and 'pan scan' will convert 16:9 format to 4:3 format. The Full option does not correct the aspect ratio. If you have a 4:3 DVD, use the Full option.
* In the 'Split' drop list, you may select the size of the volumes that you would like to generate.
* Select the output folder by clicking the "Browse..." button or directly enter a path in "Destination" box.

IPB Image

7. Begin to convert: Finally, press the "Encode" button. Note: The default setting is all item(s) checked. If you only want to rip certain item(s), check it/them, click "Encode", and then Xilisoft DVD to PSP Converter will rip them one by one. You would see the info "Completed" in the status column after a successful conversion.

IPB Image

8. After the files are successfully ripped, you may click the "Open" button to browse the output files.

9. How to move your converted files to your PSP?

* After the conversion is done, there will be two output files for each single loaded file. One is the .MP4 video file, playable with QuickTime on PC, another is a .THM file. Both of them are necessary for PSP. The two files are in the same main title, for example, if your original file is "test.avi", after the conversion, you will get two files: "test.mp4" and "test.thm".

* Xilisoft DVD to PSP Converter has integrated PSP Video Manager, which will be found in the “Tool” menu. Please get your PSP connected with PC first, and then run PSP Video Manager from the “Tool” menu. The program will detect “C:\Temp” automatically and show the PSP files in this folder on the left; the files on the PSP will be shown on the right, shown as “Removable Disk”. Please highlight the file which you want to put into the PSP and then click “Copy->”. The file will be transferred into PSP. After this step, you will see your file on the right, which means that the file is playable on the PSP now.

What to do next? Enjoy your DVD on the PSP right now! pop.gif

#2 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • Interests:Doesn't matter...
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:36 PM

Nicely done.

#3 cosism

cosism

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 June 2006 - 07:28 PM

I use the same app and think it works great. I highly recommend it.

#4 potato10

potato10

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Interests:modding and blowing up xboxs
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 June 2006 - 10:35 PM

do you have to rip the DVD then put it on there. or something else. how do you rip the DVD. i have a dell dimension 5100. how do i know if it rips dvds? just help. lol

#5 Icepring

Icepring

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE(atomiX @ Jun 1 2006, 10:43 PM) View Post

Nicely done.

Thank you!! I am glad to share a nice tool with all of you. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(cosism @ Jun 2 2006, 07:35 PM) View Post

I use the same app and think it works great. I highly recommend it.

Really? wow!! I am glad to hear that. Hope you can share your view with me. pop.gif

QUOTE(potato10 @ Jun 18 2006, 10:42 PM) View Post

do you have to rip the DVD then put it on there. or something else. how do you rip the DVD. i have a dell dimension 5100. how do i know if it rips dvds? just help. lol

It will rip your DVD first and save the output files on your PC. After that, you need transfer it to PSP by PSP Video Manager. smile.gif

#6 joylife

joylife

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 August 2006 - 07:25 AM

I successfully ripped a clip of a dvd, but I was just missed with several small files. Is it possible to make the files into one?

#7 Dagoth

Dagoth

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:05 AM

I wasn't that impressed with the overall quality blink.gif the audio skipped in a couple of places, and was out of sync.

I prefer to use a combination of DVD Shrink, Auto GK and psp video 9 to encode my films. I find that it gives me better control over the finished product (and also a divx version that i can use on my xbox, as well as a PSP version)

#8 Andylee

Andylee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:27 AM

hey, everyone. what a surpise xilisoft comany gives to us. i just found that they had released many products for mac. i am looking forward for for a long time. for examlple, xilisoft DVD Copy express, xilisoft dvd to ipod convertr for mac. you can visit http://www.xilisoft....ac-software.com.

#9 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:47 AM

Same here dagoth, xilisoft is quick and easy but it sucks.

#10 ive

ive

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE(Andylee @ Jun 12 2007, 11:03 AM) View Post

hey, everyone. what a surpise xilisoft comany gives to us. i just found that they had released many products for mac. i am looking forward for for a long time. for examlple, xilisoft DVD Copy express, xilisoft dvd to ipod convertr for mac. you can visit http://www.xilisoft....ac-software.com.

hey, andylee, thank you for your great news. i have tried xili dvd copy express for mac and it is beyond my expection. i will buy it soon. laugh.gif

#11 Andylee

Andylee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE(ive @ Jun 20 2007, 07:04 AM) View Post

hey, andylee, thank you for your great news. i have tried xili dvd copy express for mac and it is beyond my expection. i will buy it soon. laugh.gif

it's my pleasure to help you! if you have any problem ,please do not hesite to tell me . biggrin.gif

#12 Supplicium

Supplicium

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:46 PM

Very Nice, Thank You

#13 Andylee

Andylee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 05:36 AM

hey,guys! another splendid news for u!
xilisoft has released their iphone products, such as xilisoft iphone video/dvd to iphone converter,xili iphone video converter for mac and so on. u can have try.

#14 ive

ive

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:37 AM

QUOTE(Andylee @ Jul 5 2007, 06:12 AM) View Post

hey,guys! another splendid news for u!
xilisoft has released their iphone products, such as xilisoft iphone video/dvd to iphone converter,xili iphone video converter for mac and so on. u can have try.

thank you for news! i just go through xilisoft website and found there are mac iphone video converter and mac ipod video converter. what is the difference between them? i found they are at the same price and have some similar functions.

#15 Andylee

Andylee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE(ive @ Jul 12 2007, 07:13 AM) View Post

thank you for news! i just go through xilisoft website and found there are mac iphone video converter and mac ipod video converter. what is the difference between them? i found they are at the same price and have some similar functions.

Xilisoft iPhone Video Converter for Mac is a perfect iPhone video converter, which help you convert all popular videos and audios to iPhone, iPod supported video and audio formats easily. therefore, iphone video converter for mac can not only do what ipod video converter for mac do, but also has other functions. i recommend you to buy the former.

you can get it from http://www.xilisoft....verter-mac.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users