Photo

Trying To Install A Duo X2 Gs, Just A Few Quick Questions...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 thatotherguy

thatotherguy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:56 PM

Hey y'all,
Im just about to try my hand a installing a Duo X2 GS chip, and just wanna check a few things before I get the soldering iron out...

It came with a resistor, and the only page that Google brings up of any use is an installation tutorial for an Aladdin XT Lite - http://www.x-mods.co...ials.php?tid=38 (sorry to ask you to go to anotehr page, but the tutorial doesn't name thepoints...) - Would I be right in guessing this is where the resistor needs to go for the Duo X2 as well?

Also, on the same tutorial, it says to cut the track below the D0 point - Im guessing I need to do this as well....

Dumb questions, but I dont really wanna kill my box on the first go :-)

Cheers

#2 titaniumtwix

titaniumtwix

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 June 2006 - 11:12 PM

post some pics

#3 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 01 June 2006 - 11:32 PM

DuoX2's don't require any extra resistors or cutting of the LFRAME. You might wanna check out Chancer's installation tutorials: Here.

#4 thatotherguy

thatotherguy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 12:16 AM

titaniumtwix - Ive not started it yet, was trying to find out as much as I could before I start soldering stuff together...

Alex584 - Cheers dude - that site is much more informative than any of the other guides I came across... I read somewhere that the resistor extends the life of the XBox or the chip somehow? Anyway, I suppose I can always solder that in later if I find out what its for...

Here goes, fingers crossed.

Cheers guys

#5 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 June 2006 - 12:20 AM

Resistors were being used when the 1.6's first hit the market and people were trying to figure out how to make their existing chips compatible with the new motherboards.

You don't need any resistors anymore since chip makers have already designed better chips and made them fully compatible with 1.6 motherboards.

#6 thatotherguy

thatotherguy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:06 AM

Ah sweet as then.

Ive FRAGing, but it still boots the normal BIOS, so I guess Id better get the sodlering iron back out...

#7 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 June 2006 - 09:58 AM

The resistor is not to do with any compatiblity issues but is designed to extend the life of the 1.6. It reduces the current being drawn when LFrame is grounded. It was theory at the time and how many Xbox 1.6 died as a result I don't know. If you are capable of fitting it it doesn't do any harm.
Yes it goes in the same place as the link you posted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users