braindead444

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 June 2006 - 07:27 AM

THIS IS FOR HALO smile.gif

OK first things first I have a modded xbox using the latest chip from xecuter my xb version is 1.6, now i have ripped halo to my hard drive, it is still standerd hard drive that came with me xbox, and i ftp the xbe file to my computer. Then when i try to patch it with IPSwin2.0 it says that sometimes it will say that one of the files isnt there wich isnt true but any way when i put the xbe back on the xbox the game will not load sad.gif it will have a black screen when i launch it thrue dvd2xbox or it will stay in the exov loading screen sad.gif. i used the latest version of dvd 2 xbox to rip the game to my hard drive i have checked it when it was done downloading it and none of the files were skipped and none of them were replace im using the standerd snz patch. but whne i put back in the orig. xbe the game will launch and work fine plzz help if you can. on my game of halo it also says that it is ntsc. maby im using the wrong patch or i have to do somehting else can you plzz help

#2 braindead444

braindead444

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:32 PM

I figured it out thanks smile.gif

Edited by gcskate27, 05 June 2006 - 09:47 AM.

#3 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:55 PM

look HERE

#4 hboXLNC

hboXLNC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE(braindead444 @ Jun 2 2006, 11:39 AM) View Post

I figured it out thanks smile.gif

I am having the same exact problem. How did you figure this out?

Using IPSWin 2.0, I get the error "Specified file does not exist," but it does. Also, I can patch using IPSWin 1.2, and the game now appears as Halo -TRAINED, but crashes upon start. Any help is appreciated.

Edited by gcskate27, 05 June 2006 - 09:48 AM.

#5 hboXLNC

hboXLNC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 10:19 PM

Ok I PM'ed braindead444 and he told me how. Compressing the default.xbe file into a .zip file, and then patching it using the CZN trainer with IPS Win seems to work. No more file not found errors. Just a FYI in case anyone sees this in the future.

-hboXLNC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users