• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Deza604

Deza604

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 07:02 PM

Hi, my friend just got a Windows Media Center PC and would like to play his Xbox on it. His video card has a Composite video/audio input and he has all the included software with Windows Media Center XP. Are there any tutorials available or freeware programs to download so that we can hook it up? Thanks in advance.

#2 timdog82001

timdog82001

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:55 PM

um...why do you want to play it on your pc monitor? It wouldn't look any better than on a regular tv cause you're just using the composite input, and in fact, it could look worse....But anyway, just hook it up and go into the media center thing and go into tv and you should be able to see it...You might have to tweak a couple of settings, i'm not sure, perhaps put it on a certain channel, but I know I did it a long time ago on my old media center laptop when i was trying to troubleshoot something

#3 grandmaster_b

grandmaster_b

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE(Deza604 @ Jun 4 2006, 07:09 PM) View Post

Hi, my friend just got a Windows Media Center PC and would like to play his Xbox on it. His video card has a Composite video/audio input and he has all the included software with Windows Media Center XP. Are there any tutorials available or freeware programs to download so that we can hook it up? Thanks in advance.

You have to purchase the "Xbox Media Center Extender" I got mine from amazon although I dont think they stock it anymore because of the launch of the 360 and the software is integrated on it for free.
You may want top try XBMC which is freeware and will allow you to play DVD,DIVX,WMV etc just no live TV

#4 timdog82001

timdog82001

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 June 2006 - 07:40 PM

that's not even what he's talking about i don't think, it sounds like they just want to play the xbox on his computer screen....

#5 Ris3n

Ris3n

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:10 PM

Yeah,
I'm trying to do the same thing. See, I'm moving and It'd be nice to take my pc and xbox... but I don't have my own tv. So I want to play xbox on my pc screen. Any ideas? Anything for sure?

Thanks. Ris3n.

#6 ScrewinGates

ScrewinGates

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:17 PM

frosty's vga bios and a vga cable

#7 Ris3n

Ris3n

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:37 PM

Wait a minute,
you need a special bios in order to use a vga cable? BTW, I found a whole lot of links for the x360 vga cables but none yet for the xbox1. Please help. Thanks.

Ris3n.

I did find one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

Peace.

#8 namor2k

namor2k

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 04:41 AM

Just add a Leadtek multimedia TV card to your computer with s-video input. It worked for me for years!

#9 mysticrider92

mysticrider92

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE(Ris3n @ Jul 15 2007, 07:13 PM) View Post

Wait a minute,
you need a special bios in order to use a vga cable? BTW, I found a whole lot of links for the x360 vga cables but none yet for the xbox1. Please help. Thanks.

You need some sort of patch to get VGA output through a custom cable. Frosty now has made a softmod patch that does not require a TSOP flash, so you could try that if that is what you are looking for.

For connecting it through a computer (VIVO video card or tv tuner), you just need to set up the tuner (drivers, configuration, etc), then just plug in the Xbox and it will work. You don't need to do any modification to the Xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users