Photo

How Do I Switch From Unleashx To Avalaunch?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NightLord751

NightLord751

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:55 PM

I installed UnleashX using xboxhdm, but I'm not very happy with it, so I want to switch from it to Avalaunch (Which I used on my old Xbox, before it broke). However, can someone please tell me:

1: Which package to get off Xbins

and

2: How to replace UnleashX with it, without losing my save games or copied games.

#2 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:25 AM

find the avalaunch dash..

find where your installed unleashx dash is. replace with ava.

i always liek to place a new dash in the apps folder, and try it first, that way you can be sure it works properly and is configured to your settings.

#3 placid_storm

placid_storm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:43 PM

I'm working on replacing unleashx with avalaunch mystelf. I just started doing this stuff a few days ago but I have dedication. UnleashX appears to be installed as E:/dash/default.xbe. When I renamed avalaunch.xbe to match and replaced it with it. The dashboard came up as Avalaunch. I'm not sure where the shoutcast folder, media folder, or avalaunch.xml yet. If anyone has made it farther than me please help me out. I hope to contribute more in the future.

#4 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:09 PM

Rather than bump an old thread you'd be far better off asking such questions on the dedicated Avalaunch forum here below. I'm sure the pinned topics there will be of help too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users