• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 caked

caked

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 12:18 AM

Alright, recently I've had trouble with backed up games on my XBox. About six months ago I installed the Xecuter 3 modchip. I used Slayer's auto installer and so that all worked fine. The BIOS I'm using are showing up as M7 or something like that. Anyway, most of my games I've burnt at 8x and they worked fine until a few days ago. Some friends and I were playing Fifa 2006 and we decided to play Halo 2 which is on my HD. So I turned it off, then turned it back on, and the XBOX needs service thing came on. I'm not quite sure why, but it did. I turned it off and back on and everything worked fine. I'm not sure if this had any relevancy to why some games don't work now, but I figured I'd put it out there just because.

Ok, so my problem is that some of the games that would play before, now do not play. I've reinstalled with slayer's auto installer and stuff and that didn't help. I was curious as far as if flashing the BIOS with the same version, or a newer one, would help. If not, is there something wrong with the laser or could it just simply be some random discs that may have not burnt correctly? I just find it odd that they just stopped working. Needless to say it's been probably a couple of months since I have played any of the games that I tried but didn't work. Reason being, I broke my leg and I can't move until I get surgery.

Sorry if this message is partially incoherent, I'm on loritabs at the moment because I cracked my knee cap. Thanks for any help. If any more information is needed, please let me know.

EDIT -- It'll still run most games and also, if I do need to flash the bios, how would I go about doing that? I mean what banks on the chip do I need to have on and which do I need to have off? Thanks.

Edited by caked, 07 June 2006 - 12:23 AM.

#2 ctgene

ctgene

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Golf
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:25 PM

for your media question, I would suspect your dvd drive is becoming faulty...replacing it or cleaning it is of course an option, or you could try burning a new copy of the game you are having problems with...

if I were you I would reflash the bios with the x3 3294 bios...download from the usual place...this comes as an rar file and when you unpack it, it will contain two versions of the bios....the 16plus version is for 1.6 boxes only and the other one for everything else...you really need to know which version box you have as it will dictate how to set your switches to flash the chip...but basically, flashbios 3.0.1 resides on banks 1234, switches set to on on off off off...flashbios 3.0.3 resides on banks 5678, switches set to off on off off off....you can use FB 3.0.3 for every version box except the 1.6, you can also use FB 3.0.1 on every box except the 1.6b....

#3 caked

caked

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:15 PM

Alright, I've downloaded the bios called X3_3294 and the cromwell flash bios thing called flashbio_v303.bin. There was another folder in there called FlashX3 that I downloaded as well but I'm not really sure what to do with any of this. If anyone can walk me through, that'd be great. Oh, and I know for a fact that the version I have is NOT a 1.6, I do believe it's 1.4 or something like that. Do I set the banks to on on off off off and then stick in the cd with the BIOS on it? Sorry, I'm kind of lost.

#4 ctgene

ctgene

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Golf
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 08 June 2006 - 04:40 PM

to get to the flashbios screen, just press and hold the power/eject buttons at the same time...if you have the switches set to banks 1234, on on off off off, you will see a blue screen that says falshbios 3.0.1...it will identify your hdd and dvd for you then give you options to flash...the easiest method is the first one via http...next would be via your media....there is ample documentation for this on this web site plus team-xecuter.com which I suggest you visit for complete instructions...in that you have a 1.4 box there is no need for you to re-flash the flashbios 3.0.3 you downloaded...you basically just want to flash the 3294 bios....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users