• Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 June 2006 - 05:41 AM

modchip: xeniumICE / OS v2.31
xBox version: v1.1
xBmc version: T3CH 666

ok, i've recently dropped a new 250GB Seagate in my box. just removed the 300GB Maxtor i had in it (long story). anyhow, my chip already has the latest M8 bios...so i've had no probably reading the G drive in the past.

EvoX reads G, Avalaunch reads G, UnleashX reads G...xBmc doesn't. when i'm ftp'ing into the box while running xBmc, i can't see the G drive. file manager in xBmc can't even find G.

there used to be an option in the xBoxMediaCenter.xml to enable G, and i wanna say i may have even seen the option in the GUI as well...however now, nothing!

any ideas how to fix this fellas?

#2 spiff

spiff

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 10:32 AM

see manual. advancedsettings.xml

#3 KeizerSoze

KeizerSoze

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 03:58 PM

where exactly do i find this at? i've searched every folder in xBmc and can't seem to locate what you're talking about.

Edited by KeizerSoze, 11 June 2006 - 04:03 PM.

#4 rramoutar

rramoutar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 June 2006 - 05:41 PM

If you don't have an advancesetting.xml...you have to create one. It is not created automatically by XBMC. It suppose to be located in Q:\UserData. Check the online they have instructions on hoe to make one.

By the way..have you simply tried going into my videos or my music...etc. Move the highlight to over one of the bookmarks (E Drive, F Drive etc) and pressing the white button on the controller and selecting add source and adding the G Drive.

#5 KeizerSoze

KeizerSoze

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 05:52 PM

whether i add a new source or not, xBmc needs to be able to read the G drive. that is not possible at the moment.

as i've said, there's been an option in the past to enable G. that no longer exists in this build. i find it odd that more people aren't concerned about this, cuz i've searched hi and low on these forums and haven't found anything regarding this.

i'll look online for this, but if you have a link to a post regarding the same problem (t3ch build 666) could you send it my way?

thanks!

#6 rramoutar

rramoutar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 June 2006 - 05:55 PM

hope this helps...

http://manual.xboxme...tingsxml&v=15u7