Justincredibal

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 June 2006 - 05:08 PM

If the warranty is void, IE i opend my case, can I still send in my xbox to be repaird at the $120 or w/e they charge to do repairs out of warranty? or will they not do any work at all.

#2 VinnySem

VinnySem

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:50 PM

I'd say, call them and find out, that's the only way you're going to get the official word.

#3 Xfab29

Xfab29

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:35 AM

they won't repaired it, if warranty is void (console opened)
we call them yesterday, if case is opened, console isn't considered as M$ product, and won't be repaired, (even if you pay for it).

bye

#4 Shepdog

Shepdog

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE(Xfab29 @ Jun 8 2006, 10:42 AM) View Post

they won't repaired it, if warranty is void (console opened)
we call them yesterday, if case is opened, console isn't considered as M$ product, and won't be repaired, (even if you pay for it).

bye

Heres what I did. My xbox started freezing so I called to see what they say and they asked for the serial # then they told me it was out of warranty and it would cost $130. I opened it up and started looking around to see if there was anything visibly wrong and there wasnt. I started looking around here and I saw the hidden error code thing and I figured outt it was 0102. I called Ms the next day to see if they could tell me what that error means and they said I would have to send it in and they asked for my serial # again and this time they told me my warranty was good till june something. I was pissed as hell when I found out my warrenty was still good because I voided my warranty and made a mess of the insides. I didnt have one the right size hex bit so I had to dremel slots into the heatsink screws to get them off and I messed one up so one of them is missing. I was mad at Ms so I figured I would atleast make them pay to ship it to them and back. Well for some reason or another they gave me a brand new xbox 360 with warranty. laugh.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

Edited by Shepdog, 08 June 2006 - 10:08 PM.

#5 Xfab29

Xfab29

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:17 AM

Well for some reason or another they gave me a brand new xbox 360 with warranty

yes but your customer service file is opened for 2 months.
When Ms will see that your xbox360 was opened, you'll have to ship back the new 360 and pay for the return of your opened 360.

so no good news for opened xbox 360 grr.gif

#6 G0t M4xx 21

G0t M4xx 21

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 12 June 2006 - 06:44 AM

oh well thats when you tell em to go to hell muhaha.gif

#7 turkish demon

turkish demon

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 03:06 PM

Wow! You got a new 360? My warranty is void on my 360 and I just started having problems with the Hard Drive... it freezes and lags insanely whenever I play Oblivion on it... think I can send in the hard drive and they would give me a new one?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users