#1 Ne0

Ne0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:15 AM

Ever use your PSP and browse to your XMBC remote? You probably noticed that it was not very psp friendly and you probably got a couple of memory errors because the image files are so big. Well fret no longer. Everything has been downsized and move to accomidate your psp.

Before:

IPB Image

After:
IPB Image

Enjoy!

Download

From Readme.txt

Xbox Media Center - Remote Control - PSP Formatted v.01

Install:

1. Extract contents to /web/ of your XBMC folder
2. Browse to http://xbox.media.center.ip/psp/ with your PSP browser.

Enjoy!

Note:

1. Your PSP is required to have your firmware at least 2.0 because anything lower doesnt include the web browser. But if your like me and enjoy homebrew on your precious 1.5 PSP, then you will need the latest version of DevHook to emulate the 2.0+2.5 firmware.

2. All images are credited to the author of the original ProjectMayhem skin. All I did was resize them.

Bugs:

I'm no expert with CSS or ASP and the PSP browser is kinda funky, so there are a couple of bugs.

1. I couldn't get the spacing to work between each right menu selections, so I eliminated Video playlists so it would look neat. If you want it back just uncomment it.

2. If you have a long list of movies, music, pictures, folders, etc then the PSP browser will not attatch a scroll bar like IE or Firefox does. Instead you'll have to scroll down off page. You may be able to fix it with iframes, but its late and I'm too tired to try.

If you know how to fix any of these bugs, let me know.

austinrobertson@yahoo.com

-Ne0

Edited by Ne0, 08 June 2006 - 06:24 AM.

#2 pyro42

pyro42

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:25 AM

ironicly i was just trying to controll via PSP.. interesting.. lemme install this and see whats up,...

just to verify.. its the /web/ folder and not the /web/styles/ folder?

edit: yep.. it is

Edited by pyro42, 08 June 2006 - 06:31 AM.

#3 Ne0

Ne0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:27 AM

right. basically it creates a new folder called psp. In the psp folder that has all the sytles, images, etc. And it doesnt replace your original remote page.

#4 pyro42

pyro42

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:57 AM

btw, fixed your spacing problem with the menus on the left

in the screen.css file, look for...

CODE
                 #SiteContainer #SiteLeftContainer #SiteMenuContainer ul li a
                {
                    display: block;
                    margin : 0px 0px 13px 0px;
                    width: 81px;
                    height : 15px;
                }

replace the 13px with whatever spacing you would like between the buttons.. so far i've only tested 0px, but there is surely enough room to evenly space them

5px/6px both look pretty good.. what do you think?

Edited by pyro42, 08 June 2006 - 06:55 AM.

#5 Ne0

Ne0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:58 AM

I knew it was something simple i was missing. Thats what i get for trying to work at 2 am. But thanks. I'll fix it on my file.

#6 pyro42

pyro42

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 07:04 AM

the biggest problems usually are.

was wondering though, could you maybe redo the Config/Dash/Shutdown links across the bottom into buttons so they don't extend over into the file list? or maybe just Config? suppose i could go remove the "Dash' link as i never use it though.

if anyone else is interesting in removing the dask link

CODE
  /* #SiteContainer #SiteLeftContainer #SiteSubMenuContainer ul li.Dash a
                {
                    position : absolute;
                    width : 33px;
                    height : 10px;
                    left : 60px;
                    top : 0px;

background-image : url('images/SubMenuDash.png');
                }*/

#SiteContainer #SiteLeftContainer #SiteSubMenuContainer ul li.Shutdown a
                {
                    position : absolute;
                    width : 46px;
                    height : 10px;
                    left : 60px;
                    /*left : 93px;*/
                    top : 0px;

background-image : url('images/SubMenuShutdown.png');
                }

Edited by pyro42, 08 June 2006 - 07:10 AM.

#7 Ne0

Ne0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 07:13 AM

Thanks pyro for pointing this out. i didnt notice this cuz i was only looking at a short list. Originally I opted not to downsize these images because of legibilty. If you cut them down small to fit in there, you tend to have to squint. So I moved them to the upper right hand corner. Just redownload here or from the link above.

Edited by Ne0, 08 June 2006 - 07:16 AM.

#8 pyro42

pyro42

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 07:40 AM

that definatly looks a lot better... nother idea i had was setting the background to fixed to noscroll.. could be a bother though as the rest of the elements don't move whenyou scroll down a long list

ok, so can all the elements on the left, and the menu now across the top, be set to a Fixed position instead of an Absolute position? would that allow them to maintain the position while the list scrolled down.. creating the illusion of scrolling?

#9 Ne0

Ne0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:19 AM

it is now 5:05 am, but I have a scrolling solution! Except there is one problem...it needs some trimming, and i cant figure it out right now cuz my brain is fried! the text goes up in front of the My Music banner. you'll see what i mean when you look at it. redownload it at the top.

#10 pyro42

pyro42

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:33 PM

haha, Carpe Noctum man, lookin good.. almost have to move the Config/Dash/Shutdown back to the right though, ah well, sure one more day on it and you'll get it sorted..

P.S. my first readme.. woot! lol

#11 imamafackinhokie

imamafackinhokie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:43 PM

is this better than the XBMCcrimi for psp?

#12 Ne0

Ne0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:51 PM

haha, Carpe Noctum man, lookin good.. almost have to move the Config/Dash/Shutdown back to the right though, ah well, sure one more day on it and you'll get it sorted..

P.S. my first readme.. woot! lol

That wouldnt be a problem if I could get the trimming done. I'll try to work on it later tonight if I have time.

is this better than the XBMCcrimi for psp?

This is the first I have heard of this program. Looks like it was released about 6 months ago. Is it better? I would say its different. It was coded for the PSP, which means you have to have a 1.5 PSP or some other homebrew option to run it. And it only does music. Don't get me wrong though, its a very nice program. It has nifty little features like album art and stuff like that. But it doesnt do video, pictures or anything else. Just music.

Mine however offers all the features that the PC Web Remote offers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users