• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jteqnique

jteqnique

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:47 PM

Has anybody had any luck converting the guts of a 360 controller and had it work as a wireless Duke? Even a wired one would be better than the little 360 one.
I tried a search but found nothing. The duke is a far superior controller for shooters (or anything) and thought it might be worth trying. After 6 months of trying, my big hands just can't fit comfortably around the tiny 360 controller.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

#2 Zeck

Zeck

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:58 PM

What?

#3 jteqnique

jteqnique

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE(Zeck @ Jun 8 2006, 02:05 PM) View Post

What?

The "Duke" is the original Big xbox controller. The only controller I have ever used that fits comfortably in my big hands, and has the BEST triggers, best Analog sticks, best button layout (never need to lift a finger, just roll your thumb) and stick placement EVER.

All my friends (who are over 30) are interested in this as well, we don't have little hands (grown men, who'd have thought they have big hands). None of us can comfortably hold the Dual Shock....wait...360 controller comfortably.

I'm going to try to make one anyway, I was just wondering if its been done and if there is a guide anywhere to do it so I don't just blow $100 bucks trying to make it and have it not work. (considering my 360 just died and I have to spend $160 to get it repaired and a 1 year warranty on it.)

Anything helpful is appreciated.

#4 Morlok8k

Morlok8k

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Interests:Games<br />xbox modding<br />computer fixing<br />sex (with women)<br />drinking
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 June 2006 - 12:10 AM

I guess you could cut all the traces to the buttons, etc on the duke leaving enough to solder a wire to though.

then you could solder 2 wires for each button (one for the input and one for the output -- not actually on the button pad, just the traces coming from them)

then those 2 wires would go to the same button on the board of a gutted 360 controller (perferably in a small inconspicious box -- wired would be perfered, as you already have wires going to the box, might as well have them go to the 360 as well.)

the input/output doesnt matter for the buttons, but might for the triggers and sticks. (not sure)

do this for each button, resulting in 36 wires (or so) for all the buttons, triggers, etc.

you might want to color code those wires.

if you want an additional button for the xbox 360 guide, youll have to put in your own button for that resulting in 2 more wires.

if you want to use an xbox live headset, you need 4 more wires, and a trace cut xbox (1) Live Audio adapter thingy. these wires need to match. (this would be interesting to see done - maybe use the USB lines into the controller? (also trace cutted))

so, yes, it is possible. look at other guides to convert other gamepads to the xbox and/or 360

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users