#1 XanTium

XanTium

Xanta Powa!

• Admin
  • 3,110 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 May 2003 - 10:57 PM

You bought something from http://www.lik-sang.com ?

Please leave your experience, opinion, rating and/or comments here!

Additional Reviews/Ratings: http://www.resellerr...seller2299.html

#2 LinksAwakening

LinksAwakening

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 05 May 2003 - 12:35 AM

Sweet! First post (kinda) in a brand new forum!!!

Anyway, I think everyone here knows they can trust Lik-Sang. They won't rip you off.

I ordered stuff a long time ago, and I must say the price was very good (for that time), and even the shipping wasn't too expensive.

However, the shipping time was a pain. 15 days is a little too long to wait for stuff you want. Considering it is coming from Hong-Kong though, it's not THAT bad of a waiting period.

I would recommend you try to find a closer store to where you live for things you want, but there are some things that only Lik-Sang has.

#3 kaioshade

kaioshade

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 May 2003 - 02:44 PM

Dealt with Lik-Sang many times.

As said, they will NOT rip you off, but sometimes they could do things a bit better. One thing i have noticed, is that if they dont have an item in stock, they will just wait until they do have it, and then ship it out. If soemthing is up, you have to e-mail them about it to get an answer. i assume this is because of the sheer volume of orders they receive. im not sure if they hav changed this policy much.

They are very good about refunds and returns, and all of them are very curteous.

Overall, they are still a reliable company to do business with and are recommended.

#4 Scan-C

Scan-C

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 May 2003 - 02:53 PM

only bad experiences.i bought 2 pc-bioxx some time ago.they needed over 2 month to arrive and i should pay for 3.after some mails (which wasn't answered until i said i would take legal actions) i got the money for the 3rd chip back.
and another problem with a replacement lens.took 40 days to arrive and was damaged so i had to send it back.the new one isn't here for now.

for me lik-sang never again!

#5 AC Slater

AC Slater

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 May 2003 - 03:53 PM

I ordered a Dreamcast coder cable from Lik Sang back in 2000. Shipping was pretty fast considering it went from Hong Kong to Washington state in just 5 days. Overall I had a pleasant experience with Lik Sang.

#6 kaioshade

kaioshade

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 May 2003 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (Scan-C @ May 5 2003, 10:53 AM)
only bad experiences.i bought 2 pc-bioxx some time ago.they needed over 2 month to arrive and i should pay for 3.after some mails (which wasn't answered until i said i would take legal actions) i got the money for the 3rd chip back.
and another problem with a replacement lens.took 40 days to arrive and was damaged so i had to send it back.the new one isn't here for now.

for me lik-sang never again!

Reading your experience made me remember something about them as well. for some reason, they are unreliable when it came to modchips. i had ordered a neo4 from them when it had just come out. Im not sure if it was the customs debacle, or they were just lazy, but i never got my chip. after multiple e-mails to them, an apology was given and my money refunded. i also got a free neo 2 chip.

so slightly bad experience, but they tried to make up for it.

#7 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 May 2003 - 05:44 PM

I've been dealing with them for years.. and have nothing but good things to say about them.

My stuff always came in a timely fashion.. and no quality issues with the good I received.

I'd still be using them regularly today.. if they didn't have their nutz cut off last year...

#8 maxgeek

maxgeek

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 May 2003 - 08:04 PM

I bought from them once. I got my item. Shipping is expensive if you want your item anytime soon though, but what do u expect its overseas.

#9 Mshake

Mshake

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 02:25 AM

1) Great service, fast email replies (This dude by the name of Alan in lik-sang, don't know if he's still around)

2) Great selection of japanese titles and prices

3) Really wide range of wierd but cool stuffs

4) No quality issues and prompt delivery (expensive though with courriers)

5) Plenty of payment options <-- one of the widest selection i must say

6) Too bad they're out of business regarding selling modchips, siggh...

Yeah, i've ordered and bought plenty of stuffs from Lik-sang and i noticed the reply here regarding the openxbox chips that were very late in delivery. Well, i have to say that it should have been due to the fact that Lik-sang were then dealing with legal issues over modchip sellings last year between august 2002 and september i think if i recalled correctly. After that, for those who have paid before the law suit was taken, y'all got ur modchip right?...smile.gif

#10 sawdoc

sawdoc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 01:45 AM

Hi All,
I recied my order from lik snag after about 3 weeks of it being sent by the post(cheapest option). I would have expected it to be faster as I am in Australia, But I did not find anything wromng with the contents of the package(games, cables etc.). Plus they sent a bonus dvd movie and stickers plus a magazine to read in english.

This delay could be from a quarinty because of SARS, as I get things from the states in 1 to 3 weeks as well.

Over all I would give them 10/10

Sawdoc

Edited by sawdoc, 15 May 2003 - 01:53 AM.

#11 RinGz

RinGz

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, girls, music, games, movies, electronics, parties, beer

Posted 02 July 2003 - 08:58 PM

Got a couple of things from them and the service was pretty good. The ship time sucked, but hey, it's overseas. I overall give them... oh, 4 stars. good selection, good prices, friendly people....yeah.good stuff.

#12 BlueThorn

BlueThorn

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 03:17 AM

I would recommend LikSang, to bad they dont carry mod stuff anymore though They always have an excellent selection of console hardware, and Ive recieved everything in a good amount of time.

#13 minmao

minmao

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 07:46 PM

Several experience with lik-sang. I bought a FA card for GBA, and did an upgrade for that card, all are great.
only last time, I bought a saturn joystick, since it was only 15 bucks, I choose priority email. but I never received it. It took them almost 4 months to figure out that my order was lost. they said I would get an refund, but I have not checked about this yet.
Their custumer service is fast.
not sure whether I want to buy from them again or not.

#14 mojo1287

mojo1287

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 10:20 PM

I'm in the UK, ordered a Mega-X-Key to s/w mod, came 2 days after Paypal, very good service, and well packaged. Was sent from Germany to avoid VAT for me! Great service.

#15 Obiwan76

Obiwan76

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 October 2003 - 04:08 AM

This is by far the worst online company I have ever ordered from. They shipped me the wrong items the ask me to ship them back and pay for the shipping....I STRONGLY suggest that you order from somewhere else!!! I know this company is creditble and has been around for along time but when they screw you they really screw you......and it is obvious they dont care about good customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users