• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 uk_dan2k

uk_dan2k

X-S Senior Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Interests:games, movies, music, beer...Hummm.....beer.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 June 2006 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE(BALLIN5 @ Jun 13 2006, 01:18 AM) View Post
i have tried using tool.exe setup and after i create the backup.data file from the good image i then start to patch the bad image but come out with a 243,000 kb file which isn't the full iso, and i go to the iso and still unsuported image!

The 243,000kb files sounds like you've extracted the video partion of the iso, i was messing with the tool and it extracted a file that 259,646k, which was the padded video partition from the extreme method i used. If its not padded with 0's you can merge it with the bad image and that should make it ok.

#17 hawke12

hawke12

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 June 2006 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE(BALLIN5 @ Jun 13 2006, 01:18 AM) View Post

i have tried using tool.exe setup and after i create the backup.data file from the good image i then start to patch the bad image but come out with a 243,000 kb file which isn't the full iso, and i go to the iso and still unsuported image!

before you execute 'fix_image.bat' you need to rename your bad image to 'BADIMAGE.000' . If you don't it will only rewrite the videopartition from the good DATA, because It looks for the 'badimage.000' filename to merge the 2 parts. And even if the extension on your bad image is .ISO, change it to .000 anyways it doesn't matter. Hope this helps.

#18 kollision

kollision

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:24 PM

How do you get a good image if all the images that you make is bad in the first place?

#19 vgopal

vgopal

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 07:35 PM

which version clonecd are you using? the ones who are having problems

#20 uk_dan2k

uk_dan2k

X-S Senior Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE(kollision @ Jun 13 2006, 06:31 PM) View Post
How do you get a good image if all the images that you make is bad in the first place?

I have the same problem lol grr.gif

QUOTE(vgopal @ Jun 13 2006, 07:42 PM) View Post
which version clonecd are you using? the ones who are having problems

i have the latest version 5.2.9.1

#21 BALLIN5

BALLIN5

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 12:14 AM

i follow all the stups using the tool and my good partitioned iso is 259,646 kb .DAT file which is the good working file, then i try the fix image tool and it creates a second BADIMAGE.000 which is 259,648 kb which i believe is supposed to be the bad partition extracted, and then i try to burn the supposed fixed image(BADIMAGE.000 7gig file) renamed to .iso and still get the same exact error "invalid or unsupported image file" using img burn! and when i try and burn these invalid or unsupported image files using clone cd, i always get the clean disc message in my xbox 360 leaving me with a coaster!! The only thing that i havn't tried is use clone cd to burn a image that is ok with imgburn to make sure that clone cd will work or not at all!(i am scared to waste another $3 verbatim DL disk). I make sure that my bitsetting is set to DVD-Rom because even every coaster will have the booktype of DVD-ROM!!!!!!!

So any Help would be appreciated as i am not the only person with this problem!!!!!

#22 BALLIN5

BALLIN5

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:50 AM

i have been using Clone cd 5.2.8.1

i see theres another one which is 5.2.9.1 should i get a hold of that one, cause i thought that .8.1 was a confirmed working version?

#23 kollision

kollision

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:10 AM

CloneCD 5.2.9.1 doesnt work for me.

#24 BALLIN5

BALLIN5

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 08:52 AM

well i was able to fix the img burn problems using the method from

ViNCe_V:

an alternate method for "fixing" an image:

1. Download SS Merger v1.5o
2. Go to "Tool" then select "Iso Splitter" from the menu at the top
3. Browse for the "Original ISO" and select the BADIMAGE.000
4. Hit the "Xbox 360" button and ensure the checkmark boxes next to "Extract SS" and "Extract Game Partition" are check (so don't check the video partition checkmark).
5. Use the browse button to select a place to save the SS.bin and the Game.iso files, then click the "SPLIT!" button. [Yes, you should name the SS file as ss.bin and the Game Partition as Game.iso so you can do the next step easier].
6. After that finishes, rename your backup.data file to blank360.isorun the build360.bat that came with the xtreme package on the files you made. This will make the Game.000 file and that should load into ImgBurn no problem.

Just make sure you extract the video partition from a working backup, and all should be good!!!

All credit goes to ViNCe_V !!!!!

#25 kollision

kollision

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE(BALLIN5 @ Jun 14 2006, 07:59 AM) View Post

well i was able to fix the img burn problems using the method from

ViNCe_V:

an alternate method for "fixing" an image:

1. Download SS Merger v1.5o
2. Go to "Tool" then select "Iso Splitter" from the menu at the top
3. Browse for the "Original ISO" and select the BADIMAGE.000
4. Hit the "Xbox 360" button and ensure the checkmark boxes next to "Extract SS" and "Extract Game Partition" are check (so don't check the video partition checkmark).
5. Use the browse button to select a place to save the SS.bin and the Game.iso files, then click the "SPLIT!" button. [Yes, you should name the SS file as ss.bin and the Game Partition as Game.iso so you can do the next step easier].
6. After that finishes, rename your backup.data file to blank360.isorun the build360.bat that came with the xtreme package on the files you made. This will make the Game.000 file and that should load into ImgBurn no problem.

Just make sure you extract the video partition from a working backup, and all should be good!!!

All credit goes to ViNCe_V !!!!!

What do I put for "Start At"? It's on both the SS and the Game. Is it the layer break? So if it's NTSC, put 1913760?

#26 BALLIN5

BALLIN5

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:10 PM

you don't change any layer break when using this method, layer break is only when burning the iso!

You just want to use iso splitter on the bad image iso file and check the ss and game partititon, and what it would do is extract the game file so you can add the good working video partititon to the game and make it a working iso using dvddecrypter/imgburn!!!

#27 kollision

kollision

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE(BALLIN5 @ Jun 14 2006, 05:17 PM) View Post

you don't change any layer break when using this method, layer break is only when burning the iso!

You just want to use iso splitter on the bad image iso file and check the ss and game partititon, and what it would do is extract the game file so you can add the good working video partititon to the game and make it a working iso using dvddecrypter/imgburn!!!

So all I do is change the name of the Game.iso to blank360.iso and move it to the Isobuilder 360 folder? Don't do anything with the SS.bin?

I don't have a "backup.data" file, just SS.bin and Game.iso from the SS Merger program.

Edited by kollision, 14 June 2006 - 06:36 PM.

#28 BALLIN5

BALLIN5

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:07 PM

game.iso is the actual game partition

backup.data file is the good video partition from any working game you have(it could be extracted from iso splitter as all it is is a video partition or the tool from vince v)

blank360.iso is the good video partition(from a working game)-it's just the renamed backup.data file so that the build360.bat file can run it!

ss.bin is the security sector thats needed

so you want all these file in the same folder, and run the build360.bat

#29 kollision

kollision

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE(BALLIN5 @ Jun 14 2006, 06:14 PM) View Post

game.iso is the actual game partition

backup.data file is the good video partition from any working game you have(it could be extracted from iso splitter as all it is is a video partition or the tool from vince v)

blank360.iso is the good video partition(from a working game)-it's just the renamed backup.data file so that the build360.bat file can run it!

ss.bin is the security sector thats needed

so you want all these file in the same folder, and run the build360.bat

Sorry, but can you please explain?

The program SS Merger made Game.iso and SS.bin, 2 files which I already had before I combined them with build360.bat

Are you telling me that I need to make backup.data myself? How am I supposed to have a working game if I can't even backup my own games?

#30 uk_dan2k

uk_dan2k

X-S Senior Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE(kollision @ Jun 14 2006, 07:20 PM) View Post

Sorry, but can you please explain?

The program SS Merger made Game.iso and SS.bin, 2 files which I already had before I combined them with build360.bat

Are you telling me that I need to make backup.data myself? How am I supposed to have a working game if I can't even backup my own games?

ss merger has 3 options in iso splitter mode, your select your iso and then tick the 3 boxes (extract video partition, extract SS, extract game partition.
If its not there get the latest version 1.6, thats the one im using.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users