11 replies to this topic

#1 MrPlow

MrPlow

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 06:05 PM

I've just modded the firmware on my sammy using Mksoftware & Geebee's tutorial(very good btw). I'm pretty sure the flash went acording to plan. When I insert an original game it boots fine, but when i insert a backup after a while of trying it just says unreconizable disk. I'm very sure the image is fine. My burner is a pioneer 109, i've just this min(after i burnt the first disc) updated the firmware to buffalo 8.57 so i can change the booktype. But I've read the pioneer 109 automatically sets +DL booktype to DVD-ROM without having to change it. So does this mean the firmware update i've done won't make any diffrence? The media I'm using is datawrite titanium which has been confirmed working in the other thread. I burnt the backup at 2.4x using cloneCD. I just thought I'd ask the experts before I go making more coasters.

Cheers

#2 tmoney_man

tmoney_man

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE(MrPlow @ Jun 12 2006, 10:12 AM) View Post

I've just modded the firmware on my sammy using Mksoftware & Geebee's tutorial(very good btw). I'm pretty sure the flash went acording to plan. When I insert an original game it boots fine, but when i insert a backup after a while of trying it just says unreconizable disk. I'm very sure the image is fine. My burner is a pioneer 109, i've just this min(after i burnt the first disc) updated the firmware to buffalo 8.57 so i can change the booktype. But I've read the pioneer 109 automatically sets +DL booktype to DVD-ROM without having to change it. So does this mean the firmware update i've done won't make any diffrence? The media I'm using is datawrite titanium which has been confirmed working in the other thread. I burnt the backup at 2.4x using cloneCD. I just thought I'd ask the experts before I go making more coasters.

Cheers

Trust me for best quality burn...burn at 1x speed. Especially if your not using Verbatim media. I've burnt 5 backups.

After a few days 3 of my backups burnt at 2.4x speed sometimes I'll have can't can't reconize disc, please clean with a soft cloth.

The other 2 burnt at 1x speed, I have not had a problem at all.

I'm using Ritek media by the way.

#3 MrPlow

MrPlow

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 06:17 PM

Cheers, I'll set one going at 1x now.

#4 MrPlow

MrPlow

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 07:05 PM

Still no luck, did it at 1x but it still burnt it at 2.4 for some reason. From reading other posts it seems many ppl get the open tray problem rather than the unreconized disk. Anybody able to shed some light on the matter?

Thanks again

#5 Spies

Spies

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 07:09 PM

How about re-flashing the dvdrom with the modified image again.

#6 MrPlow

MrPlow

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE(Spies @ Jun 12 2006, 07:16 PM) View Post

How about re-flashing the dvdrom with the modified image again.

Tried that m8

#7 tmoney_man

tmoney_man

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE(MrPlow @ Jun 12 2006, 10:12 AM) View Post

Cheers

Make sure you don't write or put any labels on the dual layers...That will cause an unreconzible disc. If you were able to boot into the backups and play them shortly, than its not a fw problem. I know this may seem like a brain dead answer, but its most likely the media/brand of dual layers your using.

#8 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 June 2006 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE(MrPlow @ Jun 12 2006, 07:12 PM) View Post

Still no luck, did it at 1x but it still burnt it at 2.4 for some reason. From reading other posts it seems many ppl get the open tray problem rather than the unreconized disk. Anybody able to shed some light on the matter?

Thanks again

Open tray is when the disc works, just that the 360 DVD drive doesn't want to read the disc.

Double check that your key is correct (those automated programs are shotty).

If you didn't unlock the drive correctly you should get "put this disc in an Xbox 360 console" (at least that's what I got when I didn't unlock it first, or though I had, lol).

Hope that helps some m8. smile.gif

#9 MrPlow

MrPlow

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE(tmoney_man @ Jun 12 2006, 08:41 PM) View Post

Make sure you don't write or put any labels on the dual layers...That will cause an unreconzible disc. If you were able to boot into the backups and play them shortly, than its not a fw problem. I know this may seem like a brain dead answer, but its most likely the media/brand of dual layers your using.

I've not written or labeled any of the dvds. I've never been able to boot a backup since i flashed it, only originals. So I suppose this means it could be the firmware? The media has been confirmed working. I've tried inserting the key both with hex workshop and also kdx 1.5. I've then loaded both my original firmware and modified into kdx to make sure they match. I've read other posts where ppl have said they have had to write the firmware to the drive multiple times to make it work, is this for real? Is there anybody with a pioneer 109 who can give me any pointers? Starting to piss me off now....hehe

QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ Jun 12 2006, 08:55 PM) View Post

Open tray is when the disc works, just that the 360 DVD drive doesn't want to read the disc.

Double check that your key is correct (those automated programs are shotty).

If you didn't unlock the drive correctly you should get "put this disc in an Xbox 360 console" (at least that's what I got when I didn't unlock it first, or though I had, lol).

Hope that helps some m8. smile.gif

I did get the "put this disc in a...." msg on my first flash, but when i re did the key it just says "unreconized disc"
I've just put one of the backups in dvdinfo pro and it does say the booktype is set to dvd-rom. Am i write in saying I just open clone cd and burn the .dvd file without doing anything else? Anybody know why when i select burn at 1x it still burns at 2.4?

Really appreciate the help fellas

#10 Sharky

Sharky

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 June 2006 - 09:15 PM

you are patching the image with the security sector before burning arent you ?

#11 MrPlow

MrPlow

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE(Sharky @ Jun 12 2006, 09:22 PM) View Post

you are patching the image with the security sector before burning arent you ?

I'm 100% sure the image is ok m8, I must be doing something else wrong

Cheers

#12 MrPlow

MrPlow

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 08:23 AM

I've still not been able to sort this problem, anybody else got any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users