X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:12 PM

This sucks.... sad.gif
I used to wake up ealry on Saturday's so I could play a couple of hours before my GF woke up and wanted to spend "quality time" I used to take off early from work to play. I put off shopping, laundry, bathing...
now i've done all there is to do...I'm left with a huge void in the center of my soul!!
ah well...back to life

is there a BST for prozac??

#2 deadeyes989

deadeyes989

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:Correct grammar.<br /><br />If you don't listen, you will make baby Jesus cry.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:15 PM

Oh dude... I so agree with you... thats why I have a topic about moving my save to PC (So I can try out mods for it).

I used to play so much.... but now... 1000 gamer points later, nothing to do... but I still turn the game on, run aimlessly, and then end up turning it off..... I wish I could download something adding more guilds and another 1000 gamer points or something.

#3 Tripme

Tripme

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:48 PM

aww man, you guys are making me depressed about this already.....i have 3 acheivements to go and im done sad.gif

#4 lowendfrequency

lowendfrequency

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:54 PM

I had a different experience. At around the 100hour mark, I just couldn't take it anymore. I was burned out. I couldn't even stand to look at it or hear the music. I'd been waiting since Morrowind for this game, and yet I couldn't stand it. Too much, too fast. I had to take a break for a month or so. After some time off, and having beaten GRAW and Tomb Raider, I was finally able to start playing again. I've just completed the main quest and now all I have left is the dark brother hood and the theives guild. I'm hoping to 100% it within a week or two.

#5 Tripme

Tripme

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 15 June 2006 - 05:22 AM

ya, im just finishing up the theives guild.......its almost as boring as the mages guild

#6 Dalpura

Dalpura

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests, but writing about them isn't one.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 15 June 2006 - 11:09 AM

I've just got the Mage's Guild (9 achievements) to go and I'm done. I plan on starting a new game once I'm done though, and doing everything differently to how I did first go around. The game's that big with that many options you could do that too, many times over. Human character this time, born under the sign of the Tower (because I fucking hated picking locks starting out grr.gif). And I'll do that face gen thing to look like me. biggrin.gif

Replay ftw.

#7 Dekedence

Dekedence

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE(Dalpura @ Jun 15 2006, 11:16 AM) View Post

I've just got the Mage's Guild (9 achievements) to go and I'm done. I plan on starting a new game once I'm done though, and doing everything differently to how I did first go around. The game's that big with that many options you could do that too, many times over. Human character this time, born under the sign of the Tower (because I fucking hated picking locks starting out grr.gif). And I'll do that face gen thing to look like me. biggrin.gif

Replay ftw.

Yeah, that sounds about the same as me. Try doing Kvatch at level 15+ 'cos its so much harder!

#8 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:05 PM

I'm with lowend. I've put in over 100 hours into the game and am exhausted by it. You also have to take into consideration that those of us that have done most of the quests and earned most or all of our achievements did so before the update that fixed a lot of the problems. That means that we had to put up with a lot of bullshit to play this game. I can't speak for everyone, but I can't stand to look at the game anymore because of that. Those glitches tremendously decreased the amount of fun I had with Oblivion.

#9 davinator456

davinator456

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 01:19 PM

about 90 hours here- took a break for a while- been playing GRAW online.

played a little last night- im somewhere in the middle of the main quest- and i still have to do the thieves guild and fighters guild quest. completed teh dark brotherhood, mages guild and arena quests...

so i was a little bored myself, but i think ill start picking it up again a little bit at a time, but not the 5 hour marathons like before!

im level 34- major skills destruction conjuration restoration mysticism longblade heavy armor... maybe something else i forget how many there are.

#10 I Am Aurora

I Am Aurora

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 16 June 2006 - 01:56 PM

man, i have like 30 achievements to go, and i had to play uno and marble quest ultra so i wouldnt quit playing, it got kinda boring because of me being on it all day all week long.

#11 Maverick0984

Maverick0984

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 05:53 PM

well i'm quite a bit before you guys, i only have about 20 hours in and am a level 9 or 10 or something. i've been holding my leveling back so i get as many +5's as i can from concentrating on my minor skills.

however, it sounds like most of you just barrel through each set of quests, albeit the main quest, the dark brotherhood etc. whats keeping it pretty interesting for me is i'm basically doing all of them at once, i did up through weynon prior in the main quest then started hunting for guilds for something different, i'll do a couple quests in one guild, then move to the other one and then come back around to the first guild or main quest. it keeps it interesting for me, don't get tired of teh same type of thing. i dunno, just my method to the madness that is oblivion. obviously it is a very open ended game, which is what makes it so great.

#12 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jun 16 2006, 01:30 PM) View Post
it sounds like most of you just barrel through each set of quests
Actually, I spent my first 40 or 50 hours trawling through dungeons and selling the crap I found, and I've spent most of my time completing quests that don't reward achievements. I can't fault Bethesda for making their achievements easy to acquire, but I played for fun. Like I said before, I had a blast with this game, but those glitches left a scar.

I'll get the new DLC after my discontent for the game wears off.

#13 Maverick0984

Maverick0984

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:43 PM

ya, i see a lot of people measuring their "completion" based on the acheivements earned. there is clearly so much more to enjoy and do. Those that play the game solely to get those 1000 gamer points and once they got those consider themselves "done" are seriously missing out.

#14 Dekedence

Dekedence

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 08:26 PM

So far I'm the Arena Grand Champion and something pretty high in the Mages guild. I only did this because I thought it was fitting for a Battlemage.

#15 lowendfrequency

lowendfrequency

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 08:54 PM

Most of the quests I've done aren't guild or story line ones. When I 100% oblivion, I will be damn close to actually finishing all of the quests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users