3 replies to this topic

#1 Modify_inc

Modify_inc

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:58 PM

Using XBMC to play songs, when I view the mp3's I have, most of them have a number put in the beginning of the song. I can't for the life of me figure out what it is for or what the use of it is. It just makes my life much more harder trying to find a song in my database. I might find one artist at the beginning like 01-3 Doors Down, but then find the same artist, which for some reason won't have the number in front of them and so I find the rest of the artist songs half way though the list, becuase of that number system.

What is it, why would I want it, and can it be disabled? I'm sure there is a perfectly good reason why it does it that way, but like i said, I havn't figured it out yet.

Thanks
Mike

#2 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 June 2006 - 11:06 PM

Could be the Track No. field in the ID3 tag of the files. Get ID3-TagIT and check/edit, or disable ID3 tag reading in XBMC's Settings.

#3 Modify_inc

Modify_inc

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE(Xombe @ Jun 14 2006, 11:13 PM) View Post

Could be the Track No. field in the ID3 tag of the files. Get ID3-TagIT and check/edit, or disable ID3 tag reading in XBMC's Settings.

I tried that, and I had alot of track numbers, and so I removed them all. I reopend to make sure they were gone. Yet still when I load them in the XBMC, alot of songs have the number in front of them. It's like there numbered.

1. 3 Doors Down
1. 50 Cent
3 Doors Down (yet no number for this one)

I'm trying to explain the best I can. Before I thought it was 1-3 Doors Down, but theres a period if that really makes any difference.

#4 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:30 PM

When you are in Windows Explorer and mouse over the file, do you see the number in there?

Some of my MP3s don't show a track number and others do. I think that is the number showing up and why it doesn't do it on all songs.

I don't know how to disable track numbers in XBMC, but I guess like you, I will be looking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users