Title: Full Member
Rep: quaker5567 is on a distinguished road
Add to quaker5567's Reputation Report Bad Post
Old Today, 02:38 PM Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
I posted this in another thread... Follow the instructions, if all goes well, all you should need to do after is run the batch file from the Xtreme release.
1. Turn your PC off
2. Plug the drive in (power via xecuter kit and SATA into your SATA card or onboard port)
3. Make sure the debug button is down and eject button is up
4. Turn the PC on (should see red light on power adaptor)
5. Boot into Windows
6. Check Explorer to see if the drive has been assigned a letter. If not, right click My Computer, click Manage, goto Disk Management under Storage, right click the drive and assign it a letter e.g E:
7. Click Start, Run, type cmd and press enter. You should see a command prompt
8. Type the following (replacing e with your drive letter) and press enter:
memdump_win e 12200 8 8000 firmware.bin
9. After running the command in step 8 you should have a copy of your firmware!
10. Type the following (replacing e with your drive letter) and press enter:
memdump_win e 91004F0 1 10 key.bin
11. After running the command in step 10 you will have a copy of your unique key!
12. Add firmware.bin and key.bin to a .zip file and BACK UP THE ZIP FILE.
Get memdump_win from http://www.kev.nu/36...memdump_win.zip
firmware.bin should be 256kb
key.bin should be 1kb
EDIT: If you're using the Xecuter kit, nothing should be plugged into your Xbox360, only the DVD drive from it. No clips/grounding necessary. Remove the DVD drive from the console and put the console somewhere safe.
You should leave the debug switch down (red LED on power adaptor). It does no harm to the drive. You do not need to press it quickly or anything.
Last edited by quaker5567 : Today at 02:44 PM.