#1 Aerius Zension

Aerius Zension

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 June 2006 - 03:23 AM

Well, maybe not that slow. Not sure if this is the proper forum, but I have a rather unique problem. After using the Xbox Soundtrack Editor to transfer WMA music files, I set the files up to play in the game (ie, NHL 2K6), and the songs are playing a bit slower in pitch. Yes, they are playing, but its kinda annoying that is slower than the original on my PC. I used Filezilla FTP to go into E/TDATA/fffe0000/music, then copied a few music files onto my computer, and the files all play fine. No slow pitch, no lag. So, the problem is the Xbox. I'm not sure if this is a common problem, but has this ever happened to anyone? But if anyone has any info regarding this I'd truly appreciate it. I'll bump this in a few days if I get no replies, as I know closer to the weekend may not be the best time to ask for help.

Cheers

#2 afruff23

afruff23

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 05:08 PM

It could be the xbox can't handle the load of the game and music at the same time, or the CD was ripped at a different frequency than what the game wants.

#3 Aerius Zension

Aerius Zension

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:41 PM

Not exactly, but your post at the end where you mention frequency got me thinking, what version of WMP did I use for mp3 to wma conversion. I used 9.1, when its really 8.0 that works on an Xbox. A few of the 9.1 wma files I FTP’ed worked, but most of them played slow. I FTP’ed a bunch of version 8 wma files, set them up in the game, and all worked fine. So, I have found the source of my problem. Still, the Xbox Soundtrack Editor won’t completely delete a file, you’ll need to access the drives by FTP and delete them manually.

Thanks to afruff23 for the post and everyone here at Xbox Scene.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users