#1 mike_j

mike_j

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 June 2006 - 02:05 PM

I'm wondering if anyone wants MC360 fitted with the MyTV script. I've added background from the Movie Trailers, changed some colors and the position of the footer. I've also added a button on the Media blade which is displayed when the MC360 Guide is disabled.

Here are some screenshots below (the language in the images is Polish):

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Let me know if you want this mod. I'd post here some files and instructions then...

EDIT:
I don't know if it works with 720p, NTSC, etc., because I have only PAL 4:3 TV...

Edited by mike_j, 16 June 2006 - 02:11 PM.

#2 Attitude

Attitude

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 03:36 PM

Looks good, count me in as being interested in trying this out.

#3 Nagi

Nagi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:07 PM

Me too. I t hink it is going to be worth it. Hopefully it is in english too right

#4 Warlock427

Warlock427

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:51 AM

Me to i want it! Looks great mate.

#5 mike_j

mike_j

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 June 2006 - 08:57 PM

Some people wanted me to post here the files so here it is.

http://www.uploading.com/?get=5CWD87JQ

The package consists of two files:
- myTV.py
- mytvLibrary.py

The most important is myTV.py. I've changed the background of the script. Now it's same as the one in the Movie Trailers script. I've also changed the position of the footer and color of the font used in the channel list on the left. You have to set overscan-left to 99 in the config menu. I didn't change it because it's easy to do in the menu.

If you have a problem with fonts of the EPG (they're too wide), you can try to overwrite the mytvLibrary.py file in the system directory with the one from the package. The fonts should now look good if set to font10 (you can do this in the menu).

Of course, remember to make a backup before overwriting the files.

I'm posting this here, because I want somebody to check how it works on different Xboxes and TVs. I have only one Xbox and PAL 4:3 TV. Please let me know if this mod works.

#6 Warlock427

Warlock427

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 10:51 PM

Thanks heaps mate, looks great have made it so when i click on the weather card in the media blade tv guide comes up now it is fits alot better with what you have done. One thing is need now Having Tv Guide as the title down the side of the blade.

But this is still great. smile.gif

Works for me in Pal & Ntsc 4:3

Edited by Warlock427, 18 June 2006 - 11:00 PM.

#7 Aaries

Aaries

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:31 PM

um...how come when I click on it nothing happens? It says (Running) briefly then nothing. I have it in the Scripts folder.

#8 Warlock427

Warlock427

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 01:41 AM

Hi, First you need to make sure you have the whole of the My Tv script if you dont get it here:
My Tv
Then unzip to your scripts folder then copy the files you got from this thread into the my tv folder. this one (myTV.py) goes here scripts\myTV\myTV.py and the other (mytvLibrary.py) goes here scripts\myTV\System\myTV.py. Then it should go fine. But if not delete your XBMC save in game saves then reboot xbox from there it will be all go. also if you want the MC360 Guide button to be mytv as i have let me no and i will post the .XML file for you.

#9 Azin

Azin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 22 June 2006 - 02:04 AM

not bad, dose it do US TV???

#10 Warlock427

Warlock427

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 01:00 AM

Here are some Screenshots:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by Warlock427, 26 June 2006 - 01:03 AM.

#11 EBear

EBear

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 03:17 AM

Could you post instructions on how to do this? (editing the xml to have the tv icon and launch this script)

#12 Warlock427

Warlock427

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:02 AM

Here is the files you need just replace the xmls and put the MyTv script in the Script folder and your done. I have also included a readme if you need it.

Modded XMLsand mytv Script.rar

#13 EBear

EBear

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 06:43 AM

But how did you get the little TV icon on yours? I looked at the home.xml and it is still labeled with the 360globe.

#14 Warlock427

Warlock427

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 08:09 AM

I am still trying to find a suitable Icon for the button so for now that is it if you find one and want to change it be my guest help is all good as i am new to the whole xml thing. If you find a cool icon then post it and i will fit it

#15 EBear

EBear

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:54 AM

Yeah, I am using the little computer monitor from appearance, under system, but in the first post I see a little TV with antenas. Mike i! Where did you get that?

Edited by EBear, 26 June 2006 - 09:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users