Maverick0984

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:35 PM

well you all know how you get a horse at the start of the weynon priory area, i had him for a little while but did some fast travelling. at a couple of the places it told me it was stabled outside the walls, but it's been many different quests now and many fast travels. probably at least 10+ hours since i used the horse last.

is there any way to get him back? does he find his way back somewhere magically? can i go back to weynon priory and get a replacement? haha it's just that a brand new horse is 4000 or so and didn't want to blow it on that.

i can't exactly go searching the stables either because if i grab the wrong horse i get attacked for stealing of course. i suppose i could try going and night and sneakin it out of there.

#2 davinator456

davinator456

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:46 PM

you can go to any stable and he will be there. it will say MY "insert type here" HORSE. thats how you know it is yours. If he is not at the stable then he has died. you then have 4 options.

1. buy a horse (they range from 1k to 5k the paint horses are only 1k i think) each stable has a different kind of horse.

2. Steal a horse. you will get chased by gaurds as long as you have him.

3. Do the dark brotherhood questline and eventually you get shadowmere- the fastest horse in the game. this horse cannot be killed, only knocked unconcious. However this horse goes back to fort farrugot or whatever outside of cheydinal, not a stable

4. Walk

Edited by davinator456, 16 June 2006 - 06:47 PM.

#3 Maverick0984

Maverick0984

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 07:17 PM

well i'm not sure how he could have died i left him alone in a stable and he was fine. oh well, maybe i'll try to get that shadowmere then. it shouldn't be too far away now. thanks.

#4 davinator456

davinator456

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 07:52 PM

i believe the quest you have to do is called the purification- prolly 2/3 through the questline.

Edited by davinator456, 16 June 2006 - 07:52 PM.

#5 AClayeJ

AClayeJ

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 17 June 2006 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE(davinator456 @ Jun 16 2006, 02:59 PM) View Post

i believe the quest you have to do is called the purification- prolly 2/3 through the questline.

True. Best and only horse to get. IMO. Can't beat ole Shadowmere! tongue.gif He's faster, tougher, can't die, and will help you fight back! biggrin.gif

Plus, he's black with red eyes! lol Can't beat that!

Edited by AClayeJ, 17 June 2006 - 03:21 AM.

#6 Dekedence

Dekedence

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 09:12 PM

Best thing to do is use the Paint Horse from the Priory to explore the majority of the land.

I decided to do this before I closed the Oblivion gate at Kvatch because it means I'm not disturbed by facing the creatures that billow out of the random gates.

Just fast travel to somewhere like Bruma and head south down one of the roads. Find a few places so you can come back to them on the map later on...its like having a set of bus stops on the roads.

And as for the more wild areas, just ride randomly between cities...like Chorrol and Anvil.

#7 Dalpura

Dalpura

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests, but writing about them isn't one.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE(davinator456 @ Jun 17 2006, 03:53 AM) View Post

3. ... However this horse goes back to fort farrugot or whatever outside of cheydinal, not a stable

Oooooooooooooooooooooooh. I actually lost Shadowmere and just bought another horse. Didn't realise it just went back there. unsure.gif

Thanks for pointing it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users