4 replies to this topic

#1 rockrerun

rockrerun

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 04:35 AM

I've had my xbox set up with my home network for a long time and I've never had a problem with it. I have some knowledge of networking but I am now experiencing some difficulties. The other day, I left my xbox on while I was at work so that I could load a bunch of music and videos for use in XBMC. When I returned from work, my xbox was off (no drives or fans running) but the front LED was on and red. Because I have my Xerc wired to the front leds (red side) I just assumed that the Xerc was acting up and I restarted the xbox and everything worked just fine. I didn't try using FTP again until today, and it looks like the NIC is dead. I've tried numerous setting and I have set it up as P2P and through my router with no success. I also get no status lights on the NIC at all. Has anybody had a problem like this? Does anyone have some troubleshooting tips so that I can verify that it is indeed the NIC and not something else? If it is dead, what are my options? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#2 keith1212

keith1212

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 June 2006 - 02:36 PM

Just a few guesses that may work...

* try a different cable
* try rebooting your router
* make sure u are set to a dhcp connection in the dash you are using
* try a different dash?
* may also be a router problem if its a cheapy

I have my xbox hooked up thru my router too. Its a belkin. I have it hooked up like this

Internet modem>------Router>-------xbox

Not the best scematic if you call it that but u can see what i got going on.

Maybe also you can log into your router via your pc web browser by tyoing in its ip. Like mine is 192.168.2.1
I would type that in to my web browser and hit enter and it would log in to my router. Check to make sure all settings are kosher.

Hope this helps

Edited by keith1212, 17 June 2006 - 02:37 PM.

#3 rockrerun

rockrerun

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 05:21 PM

Thanks for the reply. I have tried multiple cables and even verified that they work with other computers at my home. I have tried both dynamic and static ip addressing methods, XBMC and UnleashX dash, and also a direct P2P connection to my PC with no luck. Trying different dashboards reminded me of the built in FTP server on my SmartXX v3 chip though, so I'll give that a try soon.

*Update*

I just tried the chip, and I can't connect there either. I'm going to assume that it is dead. So, what options do I have to fix this? Do I have to scrap the whole motherboard?

Edited by rockrerun, 17 June 2006 - 05:24 PM.

#4 keith1212

keith1212

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 June 2006 - 06:11 PM

Blackfly1976
May 27 2005, 10:13 PM
Looks like your ICS PHY (NIC chip) may have got zapped by static.
There is a user on these forums that replaces this chip for ppl.
Look up: This guy

What he said^^

Also I saw Some Scematics For the Nic Card Floating Around Ill Try To find Them. Maybe You could replace it yourself.

look here too!!!!!

Again I hope I have helped

Also I read it could be the smartxx itself that blows the nic chip..

Edited by keith1212, 17 June 2006 - 06:08 PM.

#5 rockrerun

rockrerun

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 02:15 AM

Thanks a lot for the help. I may try replacing the chip, but it may be cheaper to just snag a broken xbox off of ebay with a disc read error instead of fixing this one. If I replace the chip, I'll post about it here and wether it worked or not. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users