G0t M4xx 21

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 July 2006 - 06:11 AM

yeah 30 gague will work, but that kinda wire ends up being kinda stiff so if you bend it too much it breaks so jsut be careful.

And yeah, the tighter you twist the wires together the better.

Mine still works great I just upgraded to a new Dell widescreen monitor, running 1360x768 on my 360 it looks pretty badass (pissed it wont do 1680x1050 though, native res of the monitor).

#17 acex008

acex008

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 August 2006 - 11:50 AM

thanks for the comments in my questions thread m4xx! And this will be PERFECT for my PC case install!!!

#18 Perplexer

Perplexer

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts
  • Interests:Fish with big teeth
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 August 2006 - 03:45 AM

Nice smile.gif

Needs to be pinned or available in the tutorial section wink.gif

#19 sicknasty413

sicknasty413

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts
  • Interests:Modding... video games... eating... sleeping... computers... and those things we call women.

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE(Perplexer @ Aug 27 2006, 10:52 PM) View Post

Nice smile.gif

Needs to be pinned or available in the tutorial section wink.gif

Its pinned in the Xbox 360 Case/Hardware forum under Audio/Video Mods.
link
wink.gif

Edited by sicknasty413, 28 August 2006 - 04:04 AM.

#20 Kaasiim

Kaasiim

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 04:37 PM

I dont believe it. It worked! blink.gif
Oh, i'm not surprised that you guys got it to work. but this is my very first mod on the 360, and i havnt sodered anything in years so I'm wayyyyy out of practice, but your tutorial made it damn easy!

I bought the premium package for the 360 in Jan of this year, i never thought of modding this thing out, i didnt know it was possible. so it never entered my mind that i would be cutting into this thing and run a great risk of destroying it by shorting it out or whatever, so i was really paranoid about turning it on when i finished, cause the soder job doesnt look anywhere near as professional as I've been taught to make it.

anyway, thanks for all the tutorials, it made this very painful and difficult process much less painful. (you werent kidding, the sodering was much easier said than done)

thanks a lot guys. cant wait to get started on my next mod.

#21 Methadon

Methadon

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:47 AM

Great tut, man. I was working on adding an LCD screen to my 360, but I've kinda given up on it(for now, at least). I was planning on doing something like this (VGA port, as well as RCA jacks for TV mode, or at least the audio), but I'm trying to find a better spot to put the output ports. Right above the A/V out is where the case teeth meet, and I don't want my case missing teeth like some of the people around town here tongue.gif

Perhaps I'll put the outputs on the top...that'd be different...but prolly tacky too. Anywayz, if you got a suggestion for me, lemme know.

#22 Dyer13

Dyer13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:12 PM

First of, I'd like to say that this is awesome man... many great electronics info comes from you.
But, I am wondering, Is there really a point for the 12 wires going to the VGA connector? You are using a COMMON Ground, and you really only need one wire from one ground to the connector, then you gotta connect all the (-/ground) pins in the VGA connector together, which is way easier then soldering 11 extra wires to the XBOX mobo, no less, which is greater risk of messing something up, if you arent great at soldering.

Please don't take this post to offense, I am simply asking a valid question and pointing something that maybe needed to be pointed out.
Also, I noticed you didn't use all 12 ground pads, but rather uses one for 3 or 4 wires... IMHO it just seems pointless to me when you only need one ground.

Thanks,
Dyer

#23 Methadon

Methadon

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE(Dyer13 @ Sep 13 2006, 11:19 PM) View Post

First of, I'd like to say that this is awesome man... many great electronics info comes from you.
But, I am wondering, Is there really a point for the 12 wires going to the VGA connector? You are using a COMMON Ground, and you really only need one wire from one ground to the connector, then you gotta connect all the (-/ground) pins in the VGA connector together, which is way easier then soldering 11 extra wires to the XBOX mobo, no less, which is greater risk of messing something up, if you arent great at soldering.

Please don't take this post to offense, I am simply asking a valid question and pointing something that maybe needed to be pointed out.
Also, I noticed you didn't use all 12 ground pads, but rather uses one for 3 or 4 wires... IMHO it just seems pointless to me when you only need one ground.

Thanks,
Dyer

I believe the extra ground wires are for providing the video leads with shielding.

#24 Boiker

Boiker

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:59 AM

This is awesome! Great mod. I know this is a 360 forum obv, but do you reckon this could be done with a gamecube and PS2? See, I don't really need a TV anymore so I'll sell that and then hopefully be able to use my 19" monitor for my consoles as well.

#25 Jelly4000

Jelly4000

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 17 September 2006 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE(Boiker @ Sep 17 2006, 11:06 AM) View Post

This is awesome! Great mod. I know this is a 360 forum obv, but do you reckon this could be done with a gamecube and PS2? See, I don't really need a TV anymore so I'll sell that and then hopefully be able to use my 19" monitor for my consoles as well.

Well, the ps2 and gamecube don't support vga outputs as far as i know. You would need to buy a composite->VGA box to use them with a monitor.

So, in short, unless you put one of these boxes inside the ps2 or gamecube, it wouldn't work.

#26 No.1 G

No.1 G

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 25 September 2006 - 08:48 PM

Hey M4xx 21 i noticed you did not wire up the DCC Clock (Pin 15 on VGA) is it not needed? What's the main use of it?

#27 The N9ne

The N9ne

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:33 PM

Ive got a problem. My monitor doesnt have a pin for 11. when I plug the monitor in it doesnt work. If I attach ground to the yellow pin on the mobo then it works a treat but as the guy before cant use the hd cables any more. I dont want to have to add a switch if I dont have to is there any other way out of this???

#28 4WDrift

4WDrift

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Family,NISSAN 300ZX,xbox<br />breaking my 360, DONT try to replace the graphics chip!Dosn't come off!

Posted 16 October 2006 - 05:22 AM

Nice job! Really appreciate the write up.
Got any pics of it all buttoned up? blink.gif

Edited by 4WDrift, 16 October 2006 - 05:30 AM.

#29 benpari

benpari

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:08 AM

so I just did this, and plugged it into my moniter, its a dell trinitron that is like 10 years old or something like that and it says something about it not being in the signal range or something like that....and I just realized I forgot to ground the audio...I better do that

#30 The N9ne

The N9ne

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE(liqwidsky @ Jun 19 2006, 12:47 AM) View Post

I can't find any tutorials about wiring optical or spdif outputs on x-s... could you please provide a link to where you saw that?

Thanks

Easy enough. If you want coax spdif

Pin 25 is Audio
Pin 27 is GND

if you want toslink

Pin 25 is Audio
Pin 27 is GND
Pin 29 is +5V

I just went with coax as it is easier to get the plugs in NZ for them than it is toslink. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users