Salincer

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:16 AM

[size=4]At the A/V port, connect pins 20 and 24 both to ground to enable analog audio with HDMI video.

#122 johnscrub39

johnscrub39

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 05:19 PM

Yes i ve just recently done this(last night)..i can get it to work on my older monitor i dug out the closet but i would like to use my newer better monitor!?I was wondering if i wired a switch might that fix my problem and could i use a simple two leg switch?Wiring one to pin 11 and the other to a common ground?then when i did use the monitor,could i just turn on and off to throw the xbox into vga mode?Thanks for this great tu as ive wanted to have vga capabilities for awhile!!I dont know if you check this anymore but fantastic tut!!!!

#123 johnscrub39

johnscrub39

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:23 PM

Well answered my own question!!Said to hell with it and tried it..worked perfect!! biggrin.gif

#124 tomas02

tomas02

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:58 AM

Is this possiible on a xbox slim as i tried it with cat5 cable and it did not work could this be because the wire is too thick or something? 90% sure all my soldering was good reasonably experienced with soldering.
Any help would be great thanks

Is this possiible on a xbox slim as i tried it with cat5 cable and it did not work could this be because the wire is too thick or something? 90% sure all my soldering was good reasonably experienced with soldering.
Any help would be great thanks

#125 neowesa

neowesa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:22 AM

Awesome Tut man, thanks a lot!... but I have the "GREEN" screen, all my wires seems to be ok, I use an old Network cable that i had, used about6-7 inch (mabie a bit more)... Is there any way to fix it?

I read on this and some one mention the same problem, should i cut the wire a bit shorter? is it because the wire is too thin?

Thanks in advance.

#126 demonicfox666

demonicfox666

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:35 PM

i did this a while ago following this tutorial just wanted to say it went flawlessly now have 4 jtagged 360s with this wooo

#127 tomas02

tomas02

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:13 AM

Have actually come across a different solution for the xbox slim
I tried this method first and xbox wouldn't even boot
So i bought a official VGA cable and it worked flawlessly
I then opened up the cable to see what was different and found that:
- Monitor Id Bit 1 or VGA pin 12 needs to go to pin 23 on the xbox
- Monitor Id Bit 3 or VGA pin 15 needs to go to pin 21 on the xbox
- Red VGA pin1 goes to pin 3 of xbox
- Green VGA pin 2 goes to pin 4 of xbox
- Blue VGA pin 3 goes to pin 8 of xbox
- H-Sync or VGA pin 13 goes to xbox pin 11
- V-Sync or VGA pin 14 goes to xbox pin 12
- GND or VGA pin 5 needs to go to xbox pin 27

This worked flawlessly for me on a xbox slim only difference really is VGA pins 12 and 15

Edited by tomas02, 20 January 2011 - 12:14 AM.

#128 xbox-enthusiast786

xbox-enthusiast786

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:xbox 360 consoles modifying, fixing phones and chit chatting wid mates
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:02 PM

If I do this on my xbox then would I be able to use the HDMI aswell as this VGA port both at the same time?

My plan is to have a LCD from a portable dvd player indie my xbox 360 replicating what I am playing on the big screen??

Can this be done?

#129 Jumpy_Beans

Jumpy_Beans

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE(xbox-enthusiast786 @ Jun 13 2011, 12:02 PM) View Post

If I do this on my xbox then would I be able to use the HDMI aswell as this VGA port both at the same time?

My plan is to have a LCD from a portable dvd player indie my xbox 360 replicating what I am playing on the big screen??

Can this be done?

I don't think you can have multiple video outputs with this since you have to 'lock' or ground out which signal you want to use. Correct me if i'm wrong but maybe you could create another input_id and have multiple outputs play?

#130 kasek

kasek

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:36 AM

Hey I did the mod and my wiring is good. I plug in my 15" monitor and the menu on the screen pops up saying out of range does this mean my monitor is to small?

#131 JrDK

JrDK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE(G0t M4xx 21 @ Jun 18 2006, 04:52 AM) View Post

The motherboard:

You obviously need to open your Xbox 360 (bye bye warranty, it's only 3 months anyways who cares), and remove your motherboard from the metal shielding (please be aware of static electricity, it will damage your mobo if you're not careful), we will be soldering to the bottom side of the board, under the audio/video plug.

Each pin is conviently numbered on the board (going across it goes 2, 6, 10, 14... then 4, 8, 12, 16, 20... then 1, 5, 9, 13, 17... then 3, 7, 11, 15...)

IPB Image

Starting on top left, then moving across:

Pins 2, 6, 10, 14, 18, 22, 26, 1, 5, 9, 13, 27 (black) - Ground (they're all connected to each other so it does not matter which ground pin you use.
Pin 4 (green) - Green output (VGA)
Pin 8 (blue) - Blue output (VGA)
Pin 12 (purple) - V-sync (VGA)
Pin 16 (white) - Left (Audio)
Pin 20 (yellow) - VGA Mode select (hook to VGA Pin 11, Monitor_ID)
Pin 3 (Red) - Red (VGA)
Pin 11 (orange) - H-sync (VGA)
Pin 15 (Red) - Right (audio)

OK, solder up all your points (easier said than done, just take your time and triple check that all your connections are correct)

End of part II

so guys, if I need to make a simple audio extension mod wit rca connectors, I can simply use pin 16(white) for left audio, and pin 15(red) for right audio right? is that possible? if so, what about the grounds for audio? or will audio work without any ground? im pretty sure a ground is required here, where do I add the ground from if this is AT ALL even possible.

im targeting an Audio Only mod. nothing extra. thanks guys smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users