chaozz666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 June 2006 - 12:55 PM

Hi,

I am fairly new to the xbox scene, as I just bought an xbox 2 weeks ago. It was already modded, which raises some questions:

1. How do I turn the modchip off?
When I turn my xbox on, it displays a blue xbox logo, and the line "XECUTER2", which is the modchip used right? I've opened my box up to see if I could find it, but with no luck. I've read many installation tuts on the XECUTER2 chip, but I cannot find a chip like that in my box. I also don't have any external switches, that link to a modchip.

Here's a pick of how my box looks inside (xbox version is 1.0):

IPB Image

If I ever want to try xbox Live out, I need it to be disabled. So how do I do that?

2. How do I determine which software versions I have??
I have EvoX including XBMC, and a bunch of emulators and read about new releases all the time. But how do I know which versions I have?

Some of my specs that might be useful: xbox version 1.0, 40gb seagate, xecuter2, evox (need more info? let me know!)
Hope you guys can help me.

Edited by chaozz666, 18 June 2006 - 12:56 PM.

#2 Swipe

Swipe

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 18 June 2006 - 01:27 PM

It's possible you were duped as I was. I paid for my box to be chipped through a friend expecting a chip when all I actually received for my money was a TSOP flash which runs the xecutor2 bios rather than an Xecutor2 chip. It's not really a big deal for me as I don't plan to use the Xbox-live service but I'm a bit disgruntled I didn't actually get what I paid for. The TSOP flash should have cost at least half what I paid.

What does XBMC hardware system settings report back for the modchip? Mine reports as a winbond. I querried this further using bioscheck and it came back with TSOP flashed winbond.

Edited by Swipe, 18 June 2006 - 01:32 PM.

#3 chaozz666

chaozz666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 02:09 PM

I didn't know you could softmod using XECUTER2. That explains a lot. I read that some softmods work like this: If you insert an original game, it uses MS bios, and you can play on xbox Live. If you insert a backup, it launches the alternative (XECUTER2) bios, so it reads the copied disc.

How do I know if mine works like this?

#4 Swipe

Swipe

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 02:22 PM

Well a TSOP isn't a softmod. It just means that certain points have been bridged enabling you to overwrite the original bios with a hacked one on the board. I believe on xbox v1.0 there are 4 banks on the TSOP allowing you to install a switch and boot between an original bios and a hacked bios. However, on the later versions there's only 1 single bank. Take a look at the TSOP flashing subforum on here for more info.

I could be wrong and you could have a soft mod or even have a chip. The way to tell if you have a TSOP flash is to go to System Info in XBMC and query 'hardware' and see what it tells you under "modchip". I believe you can still play xbox-live with the latest version of softmods.

Edited by Swipe, 18 June 2006 - 02:36 PM.

#5 chaozz666

chaozz666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 05:19 PM

I don't see the modchip description anywhere in my XBMC when I open system info. I guess I have an old(er) version.

#6 Swipe

Swipe

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 05:35 PM

Yeah, you probably have an old version. If that's the case I thoroughly recommend an upgrade to the latest T3CH build. You can also download Bioschecker (google it) and that will tell you what mod you have.

Edited by Swipe, 18 June 2006 - 05:36 PM.

#7 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 June 2006 - 06:14 PM

I see no conventional mod meaning the box is TSOP flashed or it may have a 29 wire mod under the board hiding away. Bios checker will not tell you the mod type only the bios in use.

#8 Swipe

Swipe

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE(Chancer @ Jun 18 2006, 06:21 PM) View Post

Bios checker will not tell you the mod type only the bios in use.

Bios Checker tells me I have a TSOP flashed winbond

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users