Adam6

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 June 2006 - 06:46 PM

Hmm well im trying to the the "Gotham TV" achievement but I just cant get it. I have watched atleaste 10 races on Gotham TV and have saved a reply of one of my races, but still cant get the achievement! Maybe I have to save a replay of a race on Gotham TV? But how do I do that? When a race finishes there is just "press A to continue" and no replay button or anything. Im sure its just me being dumb but can anybody help me out please?

Thanks. pop.gif

#2 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 June 2006 - 07:08 PM

i havent gotten this yet, but I think you will get it on your next log in

#3 Adam6

Adam6

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 07:25 PM

Hmm well I just turned off my 360 and turned it back on, logged in and then started up PGR3 again and still aint got it! sad.gif

#4 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:06 PM

Before the race starts, a message saying something like, "This is being broadcast on Gotham TV," is displayed. This is your cue to seek that achievement. To get the GTV achievement, you have to place in one of the top three spots in that race.

Edit: Oops, sorry. I was thinking of the Gotham Hero achievement. IPB Image

For the GTV Sports Fan achievement:

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Dec 9 2005, 06:28 PM) View Post
Gotham TV Sports Fan - 15GP
Watch ten races on Gotham TV (they do not have to be all the way through) and save a replay of one of your own races.
You wont receive the achievement immediately but next time you login. Also the "Achievment Unlocked" icon won't ever pop up so you'll have to check yourself to see if you've earned it yet.
When I got mine, I remember I just left the thing on GTV and went to do something else since it plays GTV continuously without your input once you get to that screen. I came back to the game after about an hour or so which was probably enough time to have at least ten full races play without interruption. I turned it off, and later when I went to play on Live again, I received the achievement. At some point before that, I had saved a replay of my own.

Edited by metaldevil, 19 June 2006 - 08:18 PM.

#5 Adam6

Adam6

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:43 PM

Ok well ive done that! I left my 360 running gotham TV for like 2 hours today, then after I went a done a few races on Live, then turned off, started up again, logged in and played PGR3 some more on Live. I dont understand it, why aint I getting this damn thing? lol sleep.gif

Also why we are on the subject, complete your little guide on how to get the Gotham Hero one please! I need to get that also... ph34r.gif

Edit: LOL guess what....I guest rebooted my 360 and now I have the achievement! Why didnt it work the last 2 times I tried it ffs? Anyways, leaste I got it now, thanks for the help mate smile.gif

Edited by Adam6, 19 June 2006 - 08:53 PM.

#6 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 19 June 2006 - 09:39 PM

yeah it's weird... you don't actually have to watch the races all the way through... and it doesn't always give you the achievment right away.

Basically meet the criteria and just go about your business and it will give you the achievment when it feels like it laugh.gif

Definitly go for the style racer achievment. It's not nearly as difficult as it sounds. you can use the guide I wrote for it (it's linked in the sticky and I'm too lazy to fetch it tongue.gif )

#7 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE(Adam6 @ Jun 19 2006, 04:20 PM) View Post
Also why we are on the subject, complete your little guide on how to get the Gotham Hero one please!
It's the same thing I said before:

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Jun 19 2006, 03:43 PM) View Post
Before the race starts, a message saying something like, "This is being broadcast on Gotham TV," is displayed. This is your cue to seek that achievement. To get the GTV Gotham Hero achievement, you have to place in one of the top three spots in that race.
I think you'll get this as soon as you cross the finish line in 1st, 2nd or 3rd place.

#8 GSX

GSX

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 06:31 AM

I got the hero one(not sure if I placed in the top3). Style is not hard at all, atleast it wasn't for me. As for the gotham tv one, it's very random. One day it just poped up out of nowhere.

Edited by GSX, 20 June 2006 - 06:41 AM.

#9 Adam6

Adam6

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 07:47 AM

Ok guys I got both of 'em now! smile.gif

The Gotham Hero one came up for me after a few races online, I was in this race with about 2 hotshots and a few other high ranked guys. When the race stated to load I had a message come up telling me the race is on Gotham TV. I guess if you have alot of higly ranked players in your race you have a much bigger chance of beening on it, it dont really matter what place you come in the race.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users