4 replies to this topic

#1 master123467

master123467

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 12:15 AM

XBMC wont play any music with sound and theres the no sound icon in the corner i had sound before Quicktime data something tryed saving and i cancel it

#2 smokyjoe

smokyjoe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 04:45 AM

I'm assuming you've tried turning up the volume. It might be the controllers right analog stick. Adjust the deadzone or try another controller. If that doesnt work delete your xbmc settings gamesaves files. Dont ask how to do these things. search or read the manual. If they dont work, post a debug log.

#3 Electric Jiggalo

Electric Jiggalo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 06:27 AM

I've had this very same problem. When I updated my dash to the new build, I neglected to delete ALL the files for XBMC (and forgot to format my 400GB into 32kb clusters which was another problem all together).

Not sure about other bios, but on my x3, i can ftp via bios and delete ALL files. I did this and deleted my tdata folder (on the e drive) and everything was good to go.

and ALWAYS make sure you BACKUP, otherwise you'll be SOL if you lost 120 games plus thousands of emulaters, some movies and some music (which is what happened to me cos n0Ob me didn't format in 32kb clusters) lol

Edited by Electric Jiggalo, 20 June 2006 - 06:32 AM.

#4 edgie345

edgie345

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 07:05 AM

adjust the volume with the right thumbstick, I just had that happen today. I turned the xbox on and no sound played even during the boot sceen (green bubble thing that goes to the Xbox logo). I adjusted the volume back to 0.0db. For some reason it set itself to 50.0db (not negative). Hopefully I am talking about the same thing and it works for you.

#5 freddemannen

freddemannen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 June 2006 - 05:36 PM

Just upgrade, I debugged this exact error for 2 days before giving in. No matter what I did sound stayed muted and I couldnt get the sound icon to change from muted no matter what I did. Bugger =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users