1 reply to this topic

#1 n0bi

n0bi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 02:52 AM

Alright, so I had this Seagate 80 gig HD lying around. Now, it'd gotten corrupted and the original owner only managed to save a 33 gig storage capacity (don't know how) -- so instead of being able to store 80 gigs it can now only hold 33 (used it on a computer and all). So, I found out it was lockable and formatted it with XBHDM. Now, when I went to lock it XBHDM said the drive was frozen and therefore unlockable (until unfrozen). Sooo, I googled around a bit and found out how to bypass the whole computer-freezing-HDD-on-startup (by plugging in the IDE cable once the XBHDM tools had loaded) and locked it using the lockhd -a option -- it worked. ATAPWD showed the drive was locked and unfrozen BUT when I hooked it up to my box and gave off an ERROR 21. Isn't the error 21 related to the original MSDASH only? What could be the cause of the problem?

#2 creg turner

creg turner

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:I sell Modded Xbox's, do MOD installs, repairs, and Paintjobs. And I love the ladies.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 June 2006 - 03:10 AM

Yes, error 21 means there could be missing MS files from hard drive. You need to get those files back on the hard drive by using xboxhdm. Those files need to be in the linux C drive on xboxhdm. You will have to unlock your hard drive first before creating a new hard drive. If this wont fit your needs, then the next easiest way would be to install a modchip and purchase a new hard drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users